Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Bacon
Level 9

PlayStation Vue now on Roku

For those that thought Roku was missing out...

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2016/06/ ... next-week/
0 Kudos
161 Replies
Dakotah
Level 7

Re: PlayStation now on Roku

Yep...I'm using it right now. The sign-up process was a little wonky. Make sure you go to their website and sign up for the free trial (or an actual plan) BEFORE trying to sign in through the Roku. It'll give an error code.
I'm not sure what to think about the UI just yet. Seems a little confusing, but maybe I'll get used to it. It has 7 days to convince me (well...probably the wife, actually) to switch from Sling.
0 Kudos
FX4
Level 7

Re: PlayStation Vue now on Roku

I'm trying it out on my Rokus. I don't love the Roku menu system with PS Vue but it does work well on my older Rokus (Roku 2XSs) so that is a plus.
In order of function:
PS4 - works great fast
PS3 - a few bugs
FireTV - limited to 30FPS (guessing Roku is the same)
Roku - menu kind of sucks but it does seem to function pretty flawlessly. Older Rokus seem to work well.
Fire Stick - runs like a dog, do not do, horrible.
OTA - Antennacraft HDX 1000
Roku 4 (x1)
Roku 3 (x3)
Roku Streaming Stick (x1)
Roku2 XS (x4)
Nvidia Shield
Raspberry Pi XBMC
MacMini XBMC/Plex
ATV3 (x2)
0 Kudos
Basil
Level 10

Also: https://blog.roku.com/blog/2016/06/21/p ... -platform/
Basil
https://www.basilsblog.com/
Roku Ultra (4660)
Apple TV (5th gen), TiVo

Previous:
Roku boxes from every generation.
Apple TV (2nd, 3rd, 4th gen)
0 Kudos
Bacon
Level 9

Sounds like it's missing a bunch of features like the Guide, Timeline, etc.
0 Kudos
Dakotah
Level 7

The UI definitely needs work. It's hard to find what you're looking for. If I go to "All live TV", there's a icon for each showl...but for the life of me, I can't figure out what order they are supposed to be in. It's not alphabetical by channel. Not by show title. The ones with the most active viewers being first seems to be the only thing that I can figure. Otherwise, I end up scrolling slowly to find what I'm looking for.

On the plus side...the streams load quickly and are of high quality. I've had no buffering instances.
0 Kudos
dfgsrzwer
Level 7

Someone mentioned they used an XS to stream. I assume this means SD (ie, analog) works as well as HD? I have no desire to watch "live" TV in HD when I can watch VOD in HD...not for $30 a month anyway (and not for Sony...they make good hardware but their services suck). EDIT---just nevermind. I can't even sign in on the website (I've had an account for 4 years, and it recognizes me but keeps giving an error message; luckily I never gave them any CC info in those 4 years or cancelling would be a PITA as well). Now I kbow I made the right choice and never bought a PS4.

Video quality means nothing to me in this particular case.
Charter Spectrum 60; d-link dual band router
Roku 4210, 3710; Xbox One, 360; Samsung BD player
Samsung tablet; Windows Vista laptop; LG phone
Toshiba DVD-R; Sony AVR; Panasonic AR
1080p and 720p TVs
0 Kudos
Darnell
Level 7

Good they finally have something for Roku. It's the first release, so they have much to add, to match what is on Fire TV's version of the app. But the issue for me, is that the video quality on the Fire TV version is much better. So I'll use the Roku version more when the video quality improves.
0 Kudos
FX4
Level 7

"Bacon" wrote:

Nope. One Vue of the guide is missing from other versions but in general it's similar. Honestly there are too many ways to view content on Vue. IMO they just deleted the wrong one.
Roku 4 (x1)
Roku 3 (x3)
Roku2 XS (x4)
Nvidia Shield
Raspberry Pi XBMC
MacMini XBMC/Plex
ATV3 (x2)
0 Kudos
FX4
Level 7

"Bacon" wrote:

Nope. One Vue of the guide is missing from other versions but in general it's similar. Honestly there are too many ways to view content on Vue. IMO they just deleted the wrong one.
Roku 4 (x1)
Roku 3 (x3)
Roku2 XS (x4)
Nvidia Shield
Raspberry Pi XBMC
MacMini XBMC/Plex
ATV3 (x2)
0 Kudos