Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tara2021
Level 7

Picture has horizontal lines and is pixelated on all Apps except Prime?

Is anyone else experiencing lines and pixelation on all Apps excluding Prime? This started Monday afternoon (08.30.2021). I've done the factory reset and uninstalled/reinstalled all the effected Apps (Netflix, Peacock, Roku Channel, NBC, TCL) without success. Any additional recommendation on how to fix this issue is appreciated.

0 Kudos
5 REPLIES 5\
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: Picture has horizontal lines and is pixelated on all Apps except Prime?

@Tara2021

Thanks for the post.

Can you please provide a screenshot of the issue you are experiencing so we can better understand what you are seeing?

Please keep us posted.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Rocknrhue
Level 7

Hi Danny. I’ve got similar issue with NBC live streaming. I get pixelated flickering. None of the reboot or volume/audio changes have resolved. Any other suggestions? Fasiculating pixelationFasiculating pixelation

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

@Rocknrhue

Thanks for the post.

Does this issue only occur on the NBC channel or does it happen on all channels? Many channels on the Roku platform are developed and maintained by the channel provider directly, and they'll be able to best assist. If other channels are working correctly, and you only experience this issue on the NBC channel (app), that is likely an indication that the issue lies within that particular channel. In these cases, the channel provider will need to investigate the issue in order to help resolve it.  

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Rocknrhue
Level 7

Wow. I just sent a previous reply and don’t see it anywhere. So I’ll start over. If the first one shows up, sorry if I repeat myself. 

my issue occurs only when I try to stream NBC LIVE. All other functions on the NBC APP work fine. All other channels live stream fine. I have been in touch with NBC directly and they sent me a standard protocol list of  things to try. I did everything and nothing changed. The only item I’m not sure about is this one 

• “Clear the storage/data/cache for the device, app store, and app.”   
    do they mean my laptop? I did that and nothing changed  is there a way to clear cache on the Roku (other than unplugging and restarting)  does my smart TV have a cache that needs clearing? Otherwise I’ve done everything they suggested without change. Of note, I can stream live NBC on my iPad but not my laptop. Is that a clue for you? 
    Thanks Danny. 

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

@Rocknrhue

Thanks for the post.

In order to clear the channel cache, you would need to remove the channel, restart the Roku device, and then add the channel back.

If this is the only channel that you are experiencing this issue, this would indicate that this is likely an issue with the channel itself that the provider will need to investigate further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos