Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Noelma
Level 7

Photoview for Google Photos

Delighted to see this app available on Roku.  I love the idea of being able to access my Google photos easily on the TV.
I was particularly pleased to see the random play option - a great way to have our Google photos on view when not watching TV!
However, when I select the random play function, it is disappointingly non-random!  It frequently shows the same photos quite frequently.
It seems to me that the selection needs, not only to be random, but structured so that any given photo should not re-appear for some period of time.
Although there is an option to decide on the amount of time any given photo is displayed, the randomness does not seem to be adjustable.
Anyone (especially the app designers!!) got a suggestion?
0 Kudos
2 Replies
beq
Level 8

Re: Photoview for Google Photos

I also think this app is a superlative effort, and regularly maintained.  I wish there were similar choices for other cloud platforms.  I haven't checked the random issue, but is the developer here on the forums?

Unfortunately many other first-party (such as Dropbox) and third-party apps (such as Picta for OneDrive/etc, SmugMug, etc) have been deprecated or outdated.
0 Kudos
beq
Level 8

Re: Photoview for Google Photos

Forgot to ask, is Roku's in-house "Photos" app still being developed?  I like it, but has been gradually losing support and has not added additional services...
0 Kudos