Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 7

Photo View for Google Photos very slow to show album images or doesn't show them at all

I can get my album thumbnails to show just fine, but when I select an album and start the slide show I just get a blank screen.  If I press the OK or a scroll button a caption appears but will be for an image several images into the album, as though it was doing the slide show with nothing appearing.  Then the appropriate image will appear.  But if I try to get the next, or previous image to display I may, or may not get the next caption but no image for several seconds, if at all.  It seems pretty much random in this respect.  It is basically unusable as is.

My images are all stored in Google Photos in full resolution of 2560x1600 pixels so wonder if that is part of the problem.  I'm using a Roku 2 XD.  This app was working fine about 18 months ago but stopped working and I've just started trying it again after getting no help earlier.

0 Kudos