Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Huntall12

Philo

The Philo channel does not seem to be loading or responding very well ..I have no issues with other channels, any help?

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
10 REPLIES 10
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: Philo

@Huntall12 

Thanks for the post.

Try removing the channel from the Roku home screen by navigating to the channel tile, pressing the * key on your remote and choosing 'Remove channel'. Then restart your device from Settings>System>System restart. Once your player starts up again, add the channel back once more.

Does this clear up the issue you are seeing? Please keep us posted.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Bob9000

Re: Philo

Philo was not loading yet all other channels were operating normally. I took your advice to restart the Roku but without the first step of removing the channel and it now works fine. Thanks. Bob

0 Kudos
Stanekf

Re: Philo not loading on bedroom TV

I'm having the problem of Philo not loading on one TV--works fine on the other TV.  Any suggestions?

0 Kudos
Ello2022
Roku Guru

@Stanekf   Are you using a Roku device or a Roku TV? Which model Roku are you using? Roku’s does not make the Philo channel. They only provide the platform. So it’s best to reach out to Philo themselves. But you can try these steps. Remove the Philo channel, restart your Roku then re add the channel. In those exact steps. 

0 Kudos
Stanekf

We have a Roku device in the bedroom (the one I'm having trouble getting Philo to load); and a Roku TV in the living room.  I've tried to remove Philo from the bedroom TV, but it didn't give me that option.  Also, when I tried to restart Roku  but it also didn't give me that option--only to reset.

0 Kudos
Ello2022
Roku Guru

It does have the option to restart. Every Roku does. Go to settings/ system and you will see it. On a Roku TV it’s under power. You can also unplug your Roku for 30 seconds. Which Roku models do you have. Roku doesn’t make TVs

0 Kudos
Stanekf

I'll check it out--maybe just go ahead and unplug it as my option.  Thanks for your help.  I'll let you know if that doesn't work 🙂

0 Kudos
KMW
Binge Watcher

Re: Philo gets stuck continually

Philo app not working and getting stuck.  Philo app does Not allow for you to remove the channel anymore. It wants you to "manage" the channel and then you Must pick to "cancel" or keep it - with defect.  Ridiculous.  If I unplug Roku every time, it will come back.  But, the regular way to update or correct issues has always been to remove the channel and reapply it.  I see many others have this complaint...  are you on the original payment cost of $19.99 a month?  We are, so it begs to ask why Philo's menu Only allows for Cancelling the subscription? Does Philo want the $25 a month fee, the current cost, from those who were grandfathered in keeping the lower monthly price?  I recommended Philo to many people, but this many change now. 

0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Roku Guru

Re: Philo gets stuck continually

Hi @KMW

Thanks for posting here in the Community.

Have you checked other channels installed on your device if the same issue is occurring? Please let us know as well how are you powering your Roku. Is it connected to the USB port of the TV or to a wall outlet?

With more information, we can assist you further.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos