Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
schustet
Reel Rookie

Philo program guide issue

I am having an issue on the Philo channel where the program guide does not show all of the configured channels. I have it configured to display my favorites. When I first go into the Philo channel, all of the favorite channels get displayed. When I am watching a channel and try to go back to the guide, only a small subset of the favorite channels show up. I have to exit the Philo channel and restart it to get the guide working again.

0 Kudos
12 REPLIES 12
schustet
Reel Rookie

Re: Philo program guide issue

NOTE, This symptom occurs on multiple Roku devices on different TVs.

0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Retired Moderator

Hello @schustet

Thanks for posting here in the Community.

In some cases, removing the affected channel then re-installing it may help. To ensure the process is successful, make sure to restart your device before adding the channel back in. We would recommend doing this from the Settings menu by navigating to Settings > System > Power (If you do not see a Power submenu, skip to the next step.) > System restart.

For detailed instructions, refer to this Support link: How do I resolve channel playback issues?

Let us know how it goes!

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
volleyballtigge
Reel Rookie

I'm having the same issue as the person who posted on this topic. I have updated the Philo app, restarted my Roku, etc. I just tried to remove Philo from my Roku, but there is no option to do so. I only get Rating, Move channel, Manage subscription, Check for updates, Give us feedback, and Close.  I'm using Roku Soundbar

0 Kudos
schustet
Reel Rookie

I have removed the Philo channel, reset the Roku and added the channel back in. I am still having the same problem.

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @schustet @volleyballtigge,

Thanks for letting us know all that you've done.

If removing the channel and adding it back after you've restarted the device does not resolve the channel issue, I'd recommend reaching out to the channel support directly to report the issue and request additional support. Many channels on the Roku platform are developed and maintained by the channel provider directly, and they'll be able to best assist. If other channels are working correctly, and you only experience this issue on that channel (app), that is likely an indication that the issue lies within that particular channel. In these cases, the channel provider will need to investigate the issue in order to help resolve it.

You can reach Philo support here

Keep us posted with what you find out.

Best regards,
Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
TrooperDada326
Roku Guru

Not a Roku issue

0 Kudos
volleyballtigge
Reel Rookie

Wow, that is so helpful @TrooperDada326 

0 Kudos
TrooperDada326
Roku Guru

It’s actually very helpful. Roku doesn’t make the Philip channel. Philo does.

0 Kudos
TrooperDada326
Roku Guru

That would be like complaining to Apple cause the Netflix app is not working right on your iPhone. When Apple doesn’t make the app. You’re complaining to the wrong company

0 Kudos