Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

Philo 2 month trial

I received an email from Roku offering a 2 month free trial on Philo, just go to philo on Roku and sign up. When I went to Philo the free trial offer is for 7 days. Anyone know anything about it?

11 Replies
Highlighted
Level 7

Re: Philo 2 month trial

Evidently this offer is not valid until 6/1 though it didn't mention that in the offer.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 8

According to the website T&C, promo should start on the 23rd of May:

Between 12:00 am PT 5/23/20 and 11:59 pm PT 8/2/20 Eligible new Philo subscribers who purchase and activate a new Roku streaming player, a new Roku TV or a new Roku Smart Soundbar will receive a 2month promotional period of Philo base service valued at $40.00 total (“Offer”). Redeem using Philo app on new Roku device on or before 11:59 PM 8/7/20 (“Redemption Period”); thereafter, offer expires and redemption requests will not be honored. Offer available to new Philo subscribers in the 50 U.S. and its territories (“U.S.”) who are 18 or older. Payment information and subscription to Philo base service required to redeem Offer. 

I don't see an option to activate this though. I bought a Roku a few days ago and activated it and when I open the Philo app the only option is to signup with the 7 day trial.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

mine said the same. I WILL BE CANCELING

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 8

Hi, I ended up signing up with the 7-day trial and it does actually set the renewal date in 2 months time.

Highlighted
Level 7

I have the same issue and sent an email through the "Contact Us" at Roku.com website. Got an email response that they would look into it. I bought my new Roku device on 6/6/2020 and activated it on a new Roku account that evening. It would only allow me to set up a 7-day free trial on Philo which expires today. 

I want to know how to get my 2-months free Philo streaming service immediately.  Thank you. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

@Chris11 

Thanks for the inquiry.

For account and billing related issues, please reach out to our support team directly here for your 'Account or billing' issue, here: https://support.roku.com/contactus. They will be able further assist you.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Thanks, but I think you missed the part in my post where I said that I did just that and it did not work. Roku's "Contact Us" needs some work. I highly recommend contacting Philo directly by chat or phone for immediate help, they have email help too. It would be nice if Roku did, but I'm still waiting for their email response from last week. I would love to hear from them and be able to report back here with a positive experience.  

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Same problem here and I just bought 2 new Roku devices. After spending almost $200 on Roku I will not be paying for something that is supposed to be free and was used as part influence to decision people to go with Roku. Sorry to say I'm becoming disappointed in Roku and considering returning my devices before too late. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

I just received my new stick and tried to get the 2 months also but it only did 1 week. I have sent an email , not quite sure what I did wrong. Hopefully they can fix it. 

0 Kudos