Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
afreitag
Level 8

Peloton app crashes on both Roku devices

Jump to solution

I've got two Roku devices, one is a TCL roku tv, the other is a Roku streaming stick +.  The Peloton app doesn't load on either tv.  Every time I try to open the app the screen goes black for a second like its loading, and then it just returns to the menu where it just was.  This behavior exists on both devices.  I don't have any issues with any other channels on either the TV or the Streaming stick +.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Peloton app crashes on both Roku devices

Jump to solution

Peloton is responsible for their channel, so you need to contact them for customer assistance. Roku does not create or support channels for third parties. 

The usual first step with a misbehaving channel is to remove it, reboot the Roku (critical step) and add the channel back. With a Roku TV, just turning it off does not reboot the system. Either pull the power for 30 seconds or use the System restart function in the Settings/System menu.

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
34 Replies
rokosese
Level 7

Jump to solution

Same thing this morning on my Roku Streaming Stick+.  Tried reinstalling the Peloton app but same issue.  Other channels/apps work correctly.

Please advise.

- Rokosese

0 Kudos
izatchu
Level 8

Jump to solution

I am also having the same issue with my Roku Express 3930R that I just hooked up. Previously, the Peloton app worked great, but now it crashes every time as I try and open it!

0 Kudos
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

Peloton is responsible for their channel, so you need to contact them for customer assistance. Roku does not create or support channels for third parties. 

The usual first step with a misbehaving channel is to remove it, reboot the Roku (critical step) and add the channel back. With a Roku TV, just turning it off does not reboot the system. Either pull the power for 30 seconds or use the System restart function in the Settings/System menu.

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
afreitag
Level 8

Jump to solution

@rokosese , @izatchu  I reached out to peloton support via their live chat to report the issue.  They were helpful and took all my info and will be sending to the developer team.  Would you do the same so we can get this resolved ?  The more of us that submit our issue the quicker we might get a solution.

rokosese
Level 7

Jump to solution

I  have submitted my feedback to Peloton days after posting here.  I still see the same issue today.  Do you all still have this issue?  What version of Peloton app are you using?

0 Kudos
afreitag
Level 8

Jump to solution

Yep, still having issues myself.  I also checked on reddit to see what others have said about the app. It looks hit or miss, some people report its working with their roku device, others like us having the exact same issue.  I mentioned to the reddit folks to do the same thing you just did and report the issue.  

As for the version of peloton I periodically delete it and redownload to see if anything changes so I have whatever the newest version is.  I actually gave it a shot earlier today, still no change though.

0 Kudos
mondofresh
Level 7

Jump to solution

Worked fine on an older Roku device (model 3). Just purchased a new Roku Ultra and now the Peleton app doesn't work.

Super frustrated as it seems to be more and more common for app auth to not work on Roku.

0 Kudos
aliciakhudon
Level 7

Jump to solution

Any resolution on this issue for anyone? I have been using the app for over a year and just started experiencing this issue today.

0 Kudos
izatchu
Level 8

Jump to solution

They have made updates that have made this start working again for me on both of my Roku devices, but the fix came from the app side, not my side. You might try removing the Peloton channel, restarting your Roku, then adding the Peloton channel again. 

0 Kudos