Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Chard138
Level 7

Peacock kicking me off every morning while watching Rich Eisen show.

I have uninstalled, rebooted, reinstalled, checked for updates and it keeps happening. My cords are new and plugged in all the way, my internet is fantastic and this doesn't happen on any other show,channel, or device. I've been in contact with #peacock they are no help

19 REPLIES 19\
RokuKariza-D
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: Peacock kicking me off every morning while watching Rich Eisen show.

Hello @Chard138

Thanks for letting us know about the issue you're experiencing.

Could you tell us how your Roku device is powered? Is it connected to the USB port of the TV or to a wall outlet? In some cases, the USB power provided by the TV is not sufficient to power the device. Even though your Roku device may appear to be working, running with insufficient power can lead to instability, crashing, and other unpredictable behavior.

Using the included power cord and power adapter, we suggest plugging your Roku into a working power outlet in the wall. Powering it through a power outlet in the wall has the additional advantage that your Roku player will not need to power up every time you turn on your TV. 

Let us know how it goes!

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
EotS
Level 7

I've been having the same problem, at least once an hour, sometimes more frequently.

It looks like it's loading up the cache and then crashing, as it'll start to freeze intermittently, then lock up, then crash the channel.

Usually you can't even use the remote to go to the home screen until Peacock finally crashes.  The whole system locks up.

Very frustrating.

StreamerUser
Level 20

@EotS wrote:

I've been having the same problem, at least once an hour, sometimes more frequently.

It looks like it's loading up the cache and then crashing, as it'll start to freeze intermittently, then lock up, then crash the channel.

Usually you can't even use the remote to go to the home screen until Peacock finally crashes.  The whole system locks up.

Very frustrating.

You didnt mention your Roku model # or firmware version (Settings/System/About) or app version (highlight the app and press Options (*) on the remote).

Try reinstalling the Peacock TV app:

1) Remove the Peacock TV app (Highlight the app, press the Options (*) button on the remote, then Remove)

2) RESTART the Roku (Settings/System/System restart/Restart) <-- MUST DO THIS HERE!!!

3) Re-install the Peacock TV app

(If you dont restart after removal, settings/cached data associated with the app are left behind and it wont be a clean re-install)

0 Kudos
EotS
Level 7

It's a 4400X, and of course I've already gone thru the delete / reboot cycle a few times.  It's Peacock's problem in their **bleep** app, I was just here to confirm that with the OP.

StreamerUser
Level 20

@EotS 

Yes, you'll need to push on Peacock to fix their app:  https://www.peacocktv.com/help/get-in-touch

0 Kudos
Bertie01
Level 9

I'm having the same symptoms and problems and have been since I started using Peacock a little over two weeks ago. 

I'm running on a 3930RW Express Roku powered by direct plug-in to surge protected house power, VISO TV.   I'm running latest Roku software and have deleted and reloaded the Peacock app multiple times to no avail.

First the video starts going into "slow motion" and then freezes while the audio stream continues to play, then it freezes up completely and screen goes black .... I get no response from remote including the "back" or "home" keys.   Eventually ROKU reboots and goes back to the Home screen.

I am not having this issue on any other ROKU streaming app.  My wireless signal is "Excellent".  I'm using AT&T Fiber Gig internet access.

ROKU SW Ver.:  10.0.0    Bld:  4209-AE

NOTE:   I've tried reporting this to Peacock under the "Send message" option for Technical Support at the above linked site three times.   I enter the description of the problem, SW vers/build, etc. and when I attempt to post it I get an error msg:  "Ooops!  Something went wrong.  Go back".

RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

@Bertie01

Thanks for the post.

When removing a channel, please make sure to restart your Roku device before trying to add the channel back.

Please keep us posted what you find out.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Bertie01
Level 9

Thanks ... I didn't know to reboot my Roku device between the channel remove and the re-add.  I'll do that and let you know if I have any different results.

0 Kudos
Taralynn5683
Level 7

This is happening to me as well watching the office. It kicks me off every 10mins it's SUPER ANNOYING it doesn't happen with Netflix or Hulu or prime! My connection is excellent and so is my internet speed. #Peacock needs to fix this issue ASAP!!