Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Bfagan94
Binge Watcher

Peacock audio issues during commercial breaks

Hello,

Recently I have been noticing that when the Peacock channel plays an ad during on-demand content it goes completely silent. Once the ads are finished, when the show comes back the audio cuts in and out forcing me to either exit the episode then start playing it again, or changing the sound option in the settings. I don't have this issue with any other app and I've tried deleting it and redownloading the app. I also tried unplugging my soundbar (a Sonos Arc) and restarting it with no luck. Has anyone else experienced these issues?

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
RokuKariza-D
Roku Guru

Re: Peacock audio issues during commercial breaks

Hey @Bfagan94

Thanks for posting here in the Community!

Does the audio issue only occur on ads within the Peacock channel or across other channels installed on your Roku device? Did you restart your Roku before re-installing the channel? That step is crucial when performing the troubleshooting. If you haven't tried the suggested order, we would recommend giving it a shot once again. Here are the instructions:

1. Remove the channel: Highlight the channel tile on your home screen and press the Star button to open the options menu. Select Remove channel and confirm.

• Note: If you are removing a subscription channel billed to your Roku account, you must cancel the subscription before you see the Remove channel option. For help identifying this type of subscription channel, read the detailed article about removing a channel.

2. Restart your Roku device: Restart the device from the settings menu. Go to Settings > System > System restart > Restart.

3. Re-install the channel: After your Roku device restarts, visit the Roku Channel Store and add the channel again.

• Note: If you are adding a subscription channel billed to your Roku account, you will need to resubscribe.

If you are still experiencing the issue from one channel after attempting the suggestions above, audios from other channels play fine, contact the channel provider's customer support team to report the issue and get help. Channels on Roku are maintained by the channel developer themselves. There's likely an issue within that specific channel that needs to be addressed with an update from the channel developer.

You can reach Peacock Support here: www.peacocktv.com/help

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Billiebeane
Reel Rookie

I consider it a feature that whenever peacock goes to commercials the sound goes off and when the show comes back on the sound comes back on. I wish all channels work like peacock.

Thank you Peacock for doing what I used to have to do manually automatically!

Swordsands

ME TOO! Ha ha, I don’t know how or why it’s happening, but I love it!  I wish it were a real feature, I would use it with all my streaming apps, I would definitely pay $1.99/month to have the volume go down for commercials, but I doubt the ad companies would ever allow it, they usually have the volume increase, that should be illegal.  I’m sorry to be negative, but I just really, really hate commercials, lol, like 95% of them are just SO STUPID or obnoxious and they just keep playing over and over, and I don’t know why, but it irritates me SO much how fake commercials are, and that someone is getting paid big bucks to write these terrible ads.  It’s like painful and damaging to my soul to endure them, lol, I should probably just start hitting the mute button.  But for now, at least for the time being, while watching Peacock, I don’t have to!   Make this a real feature, PEACOCK!  You would be starting a trend that would make millions of people happy!

Update:  Actually, ironically, Peacock’s commercials are mostly just promos for other shows, and I haven’t seen any of the annoying commercials that I’m ranting about below, lol.  I guess it’s mainly just Hulu’s commercials when you only have the cheaper subscription(because they raised the price on the commercial free subscription to like $13), and then IMDB’s streaming service, Freevee.  Those are the commercials that drive me crazy, like the Lincoln commercial with the giant moon, and the girl in the backseat with a really dumb expression on her face, or the geico commercial “I’m actually an introvert…no, it’s incredibly rare,” or the one where the two dudes are crocheting sports team paraphernalia,  and the one guys shows these ugly shoes and the other dude goes “Dude, those are so FIRE”, ungh!! So annoying!!  And perhaps the most annoying is the dating app commercial with the nerdy gay dude(im gay, it’s so annoying to be associated with such superficial stupidity, throwing something playfully at each other, and then dancing together as the one feeds the other peanut butter toast).  It makes me feel ashamed to be gay, lol, like the exact opposite of what the commercial is probably going for. SO anyways, whoever is in charge of choosing which commercials they air at Peacock, GREAT JOB, you are obviously smart and tasteful.  Hulu and Freevee, you’re killin’ me!   Wow, I've been watching way too much tv…

0 Kudos