Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ispyce
Streaming Star

Peacock TV not showing up in channel search

Trying to add Peacock but it is not showing up in search results. I saw another post from somebody who had a similar issue, and the suggestion was to go and edit her location in her Roku account. I thought I would try this, signed into my account, but I had no option to change my location/where I live. Could change my email address and password... but nothing about my location or where I live. But it shouldn't matter anyway as I do live in the US.

I was able to come across the link for the channel in the channel store via Google search, so I clicked on install/add channel, and it says the channel is installed. but it doesn't show up on my screen as an added channel. I've rebooted my Roku several times as well and it still doesn't show up.

0 Kudos
6 REPLIES 6
Streamer317
Roku Guru

Re: Peacock TV not showing up in channel search

Edit

0 Kudos
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

@ispyce, what is the model number of your Roku displayed under Settings->System->About?

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
ispyce
Streaming Star

It is a 3700X - Roku Express

0 Kudos
andyross
Roku Guru

It looks like the Express 3700 is not supported. It needs to be 3900 or newer.

https://www.peacocktv.com/help/article/what-devices-and-platforms-are-supported-by-peacock 

andyross
Roku Guru

Just to add that the 3700 was released in October 2016, so is nearly 6 years old. Many developers limit to newer models for various reasons, such as features and performance. I used to use an Express 3900, and it was awful due to it's limited memory. An update to a newer model will be a BIG performance boost. Even the current Express 4K 3940 has 16 times the channel memory (4GB vs 256MB), and twice the RAM (1GB vs 512MB) of the 3700, and probably a faster CPU, too.

ispyce
Streaming Star

Ah okay- thank you so much for the insight. I had been looking everywhere to try and figure out why, but never came across anything that said I needed a newer model. Funny thing is, this is the first time I've ever had any kind of problem- but you're right. Probably is time to upgrade!

Thanks again!

0 Kudos