Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
skthompson
Level 7

Peacock TV app shuts down after 30 minutes

I enjoy watching some of the streaming channels on Peacocks, but this morning the app shuts itself down & boots me back out to the roku menu after 30 minutes (I timed it the 3rd time, after it kept happening.  I am not streaming Peacock orn any other devices, nor am i watching via Roku on any other TV in my house.  I have Ultra HD internet service, from Spectrum so it's not an issue of speed  an I can typically run multiple devices in the house with no degradation in service(and I've never had this issue before today)

Having no issues if i stream from my computer & no issues  like this on other channels

This just started happening this morning.  Why is this happening?

hanks.

22 REPLIES 22\
StreamerUser
Level 20

Re: Peacock TV app shuts down after 30 minutes

Try:

1) Turning off Bandwidth Saver:  Settings/Network/Bandwidth saver=off, then

2) Restart the Roku:  Settings/System/System restart/Restart

3) Try Peacock TV again

PeteTheHeat
Level 9

I have the same issue. I have never timed it, but it ONLY happens with Peacock. I can stream Netflix for hours and never have an issue, or any other service, but Peacock freezes, then boots me out 2 or 3 times while trying to watch for a couple hours. I'm so frustrated I'm ready to cancel my subscription! What is wrong with their service?? And WHY can I not find any way to contact them directly with this complaint??

0 Kudos
aboldt
Level 7

mines been kicking me off every 10 minutes Smiley Indifferent

PeteTheHeat
Level 9

I tried shutting off the Bandwidth Saver then restarting the Roku player...NO CHANGE! I am STILL getting booted out of Peacock after about 30 mins of viewing. PEACOCK SUCKS!!!

0 Kudos
Yoshii9
Level 8

I called my internet provider and I thought it was them. But maybe it is Peacock. Because this has been happening for a week now. 

Tlp0901
Level 7

Mine shuts down every 50 minutes on the minute.

PeteTheHeat
Level 9

Ok, now how do we force Peacock to address this issue? Does anyone have any direct contact info for them? 

0 Kudos
PeteTheHeat
Level 9

@Yoshii9... it is Peacock. I'll bet you'll find that it only happens on Peacock. I have no issues streaming any other service (i.e. Netflix, Hulu, Disney + etc).  

RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Hi everyone,

Thanks for the posts.

For more information about that channel's features and functionality, you'll want to contact Peacock support directly to inquire further. Many channels on Roku are developed and maintained by the channel provider themselves. 

You can reach Peacock support here: https://www.peacocktv.com/help/

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator