Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Rlavanne
Reel Rookie

Peacock Premium issues to connect.

Jump to solution

Today I went onto Peacock to view a program that was only available on Peacock Premium. When I selected the program it asked me to upgrade to Premium which I already have and most recent payment was posted 2 days ago through Roku. I went ahead and selected upgrade and a pop up informed me that I already subscribed and to sign in. Which I was already signed in. 
I signed out and signed back in. No luck. I signed out disconnected Roku. Reconnected it and logged back in still same issue. 
went on peacock customer support and they were no help and told me to contact Roku. Well everyone knows how that goes. 
Does anyone have any suggestions. 
maybe I just cancel the whole thing and start new with a different subscription. I mean it’s only 4.99. 

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
DBDukes
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Peacock Premium issues to connect.

Jump to solution

@Rlavanne 

When you subscribe to a service through Roku, that's not the same as subscribing directly to the service. You can only use the subscription on a Roku device that's tied to your Roku account. When you subscribe through Roku, the service (Peacock TV, in this instance) won't be able to help. It's as if you don't really have a Peacock TV account, but are using Roku's Peacock TV account that you're paying for.

You'll need to contact @RokuDanny-R or @RokuKariza-D for assistance on your Roku subscription.

Alternately, you could cancel and subscribe directly to Peacock TV Premium, then use your credentials to log in to the Peacock TV app. With an actual full Peacock TV account, you can use it on any device, including phone, tablet, computer, or other streaming device, or a Roku device tied to someone else's account. You would also go to Peacock TV with account issues, not Roku.

DBDukes
Roku Community Streaming Expert
Note: I am not a Roku employee.

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."

View solution in original post

35 REPLIES 35
DBDukes
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

@Rlavanne 

When you subscribe to a service through Roku, that's not the same as subscribing directly to the service. You can only use the subscription on a Roku device that's tied to your Roku account. When you subscribe through Roku, the service (Peacock TV, in this instance) won't be able to help. It's as if you don't really have a Peacock TV account, but are using Roku's Peacock TV account that you're paying for.

You'll need to contact @RokuDanny-R or @RokuKariza-D for assistance on your Roku subscription.

Alternately, you could cancel and subscribe directly to Peacock TV Premium, then use your credentials to log in to the Peacock TV app. With an actual full Peacock TV account, you can use it on any device, including phone, tablet, computer, or other streaming device, or a Roku device tied to someone else's account. You would also go to Peacock TV with account issues, not Roku.

DBDukes
Roku Community Streaming Expert
Note: I am not a Roku employee.

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."

Rlavanne
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Thanks!!! I appreciate you’re help!! 

verna1

Jump to solution

I am having the same issue, it's like the Peacock app is not reading the Roku login any longer. 

RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@verna1

Thanks for the post.

Try removing the channel from the Roku home screen by navigating to the channel tile, pressing the * key on your remote and choosing 'Remove channel'. Then restart your device from Settings>System>System restart. Once your player starts up again, add the channel back once more.

Does this clear up the issue you are seeing? Please keep us posted.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Rlavanne
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Hi Danny. 
yes. So I did have that same thought. have removed channels before however. When I select peacock and press * there is not an option to remove the channel. There is only one to cancel subscription. 
I was kind of confused. 
I want to get this sorted by tomorrow since there is more programming  I want to access. 
otherwose I’ll just have to cancel it and start a new subscription through Peacock 

let me know what you think!  Thanks!!! 

NHLFan

Jump to solution

I am having the same issue. What is most disturbing is being changed via Roku for Peacock Premium but not being able to view...any reason why a refund is not being offered?

RokuKariza-D
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

Hello @NHLFan

Thanks for the post.

For account & billing concerns, it may be more effective to get help from our Billing team. You can contact them here: support.roku.com/contactus then choose 'Questions about my account or billing' on the drop-down menu. They are the best ones to help you out with that matter.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
BillCanshee
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Yes, it’s broken.  Fix it Roku.  It’s an issue with your billing interface.  These answers are lousy.  Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.zzzzzzzzxzzzxxzxxxzxxxzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Erikag03
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I am having this same issue and when I go and try to remove it, there is no remove option. Just updates, manage subscription, move channel and feedback. New Halloween movie is on!! Help! I NEED to watch! 🙂

Update: I went ahead and cancelled and then signed up again and it worked. What a hassle! I am a bit weary as to why we cannot delete the app if needed/wanted to!? Weird.