Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tbrandley
Level 7

Pbs kids channel issue

Every time I open PBS Kids it tells me I need to activate it so I go to my computer and enter the activation code that Roku gives me and nothing happens no error message nothing?

15 Replies
boogernose
Level 9

Re: Pbs kids activation

Youre not being very specific....Do you already have a PBS account?

You open the app

and you would go to pbskids.org/activate

Maybe you just need to reboot the Roku.

0 Kudos
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Hi,

Thanks for letting us know about the issue that you are experiencing.

Is PBS Kids the only channel that you observe this issue with? It's possible there may be an issue within the channel itself that the service provider will need to investigate.

Try removing the PBS Kids channel from the Roku home screen by navigating to the channel tile, pressing the * key on your remote and choosing 'Remove channel'. Then restart your device from Settings>System>System restart. Once your player starts up again, add the PBS Kids channel back once more. Are you able to activate the channel after doing this?

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
VWFamily
Level 7

I am having the same problem and have had this problem on two different Roku systems involving the PBS Kids activation. I have a Roku account, a PBS account, and completed the activation protocols.
0 Kudos
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Hi,

Thanks for letting us know about the issue that you are experiencing.

Have you tried removing the channel from the Roku home screen by navigating to the channel tile, pressing the * key on your remote and choosing 'Remove channel', restarting your device from Settings>System>System restart, then adding channel back once more.

Does this clear up the issue you are seeing?

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Babs312
Level 7

PBS kids not working-HOW TO TALK TO CUSTOMER SERVICE?!

How can we talk to customer service if we have a Roku Express plus? I've seen another issue about the PBS kids but mine is slightly different. First on one of my roku's it would completely reboot the Roku when I tried to use PBS kids. So I traded out one with what was in my kids room cuz I'm using it with a three year old to watch it. We have been using it on my other Roku Express plus for quite some time and now all the sudden today after a Roku update last night it won't work. It loads the logo and then goes back to the home screen. I have done a system restart, I have deleted the channel the added the channel and then did a system restart and it's still not working. It is hooked up with composite cables. Is there any way for us to reach customer service cuz this is making me think that maybe I shouldn't have a Roku anymore considering I can't reach anyone to help me?

[post merged with already existing thread]

0 Kudos
Dc1a0
Level 7

Re: PBS kids not working-HOW TO TALK TO CUSTOMER SERVICE?!

It's doesn't seem to be any one device. My TCL is doing the same thing this morning. My toddlers are not happy. Through testing and going to two of the hosting site's, the issue seems to be happening when starting the video/selection app. It's not the app or PBS though as I can get the app to work fine on my browser.
0 Kudos

Same thing is happening to me. I’ve had the roku almost a month and pbs kids worked perfect until this morning. It does the same as you described, pink screen with logo then back to home screen. I’ve done factory reset twice and it won’t work. Pbs says there is no issue on their end and roku says it’s not theirs so guess we’re all out of luck.
0 Kudos
tanglewood16
Level 7

I believe Roku OS 9.2 is the source of this issue.  The app was working just fine yesterday but now dumps us back to the home screen since our Streaming Stick+ was updated to 9.2 last night.

0 Kudos
Dc1a0
Level 7

I don't know how much my actions had to do with it working again, but it did start working again after I removed/re-added the channel a couple times to get a new activation code.

0 Kudos