Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 8

Password rejected on Disney+ app

Jump to solution

I just installed the new Disney+ app on both my Roku 4 and my TCL Roku TV. However, when I input the password for my Disney+ account, it gets rejected. I can use the same password on the Disney+ website, the Disney+ app on my FireTV and the Disney+ app on my android device and it gets accepted in all cases. I have double-checked password on both Roku devices.

The password is long (30 chars) and uses upper and lower case letters, numbers, and special characters. I have to assume there is something about the Roku version of the Disney+ app that doesn't like my password. Has anybody else seen this?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Level 8

Re: Password rejected on Disney+ app

Jump to solution

You should try logging into your Disney+ account directly by going to their website at disneyplus.com . If your Disney+ email and password work there then it should work when you enter it in the Disney+ app in Roku. If not, then something is wrong with your Disney+ account and you should contact Disney+. It's been about a year since Disney+ started, is your subscription expired? Did you give your email and password to somebody else to use? If so, maybe they changed the password on you.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
7 Replies
Highlighted
Level 19

Jump to solution

@alfredk Thanks for reaching out. We haven't heard this reported, but appreciate you reaching out. 

To test, I'd recommend trying to change your password to remove the special characters and see if this allows you to sign in. Let us know if that helps resolve the issue you're running into. 

You can also contact Disney+ support here for more help and assistance with their channel on the Roku platform: https://help.disneyplus.com/

Please keep us posted and we'll help share this feedback over to them as well. 

Thanks,

Tanner

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution
I am also unable to login with my password. It is nine long and only has characters and numbers. It keeps saying it must be at least 6 and contain a special character or a number
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 19

Jump to solution

@Rhufste I'd recommend restarting your device, then trying to enter your password once more. Disney+ is aware of some issues that may be impacting your experience, and is working to resolve them. If restarting your device doesn't resolve the issue, I'd recommend contacting Disney+ support directly to report the issue and request additional assistance: https://help.disneyplus.com/

Thanks,

Tanner

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 8

Jump to solution

@RokuTannerD wrote:

@Rhufste I'd recommend restarting your device, then trying to enter your password once more. Disney+ is aware of some issues that may be impacting your experience, and is working to resolve them. If restarting your device doesn't resolve the issue, I'd recommend contacting Disney+ support directly to report the issue and request additional assistance: https://help.disneyplus.com/

Thanks,

Tanner

I've tried restarting both Rokus but it didn't help. I am aware that Disney+ has been having some problems but it's odd that I can log in with every other device I have. It strongly suggests to me that something is wrong on the Roku side. I don't want to change my password because then I'll have to go through the process of reentering the new password on all the other devices I have which I already have logged into the service with -- a major pain.

I'll wait a bit more and then see if it resolves itself.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 8

Re: Password rejected on Disney+ app (SOLVED)

Jump to solution

I found the problem. My password had a comma in it. During password entry on the Roku special character page there's something that looks like a comma in the numerical keypad part, and an actual comma in the special characters part. I was using what I thought was a comma in the numerical keypad part. After I used the actual comma I was able to log in on both my Roku devices.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

I have been going into Disney+ with no password just going into Roku, hitting the app and it works.  On 10/8/2020 in the afternoon that worked then at 8:00 PM another screen came on and requested my password.  I used the Roku password and it did not work.  I tried  my email address  that I use for Disney family account and that would not work.  I tried again tonight and still I cannot get into Disney+.  Please tell me what to do  I miss Disney.    

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 8

Jump to solution

You should try logging into your Disney+ account directly by going to their website at disneyplus.com . If your Disney+ email and password work there then it should work when you enter it in the Disney+ app in Roku. If not, then something is wrong with your Disney+ account and you should contact Disney+. It's been about a year since Disney+ started, is your subscription expired? Did you give your email and password to somebody else to use? If so, maybe they changed the password on you.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos