Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Paramount Plus sign in only works on Roku devices

Jump to solution

I can only watch Paramount Plus on Roku. If I try to watch it on my computer or iPad, it asks for me to login with a email and password. My subscription is through Roku, so how do I sign in ?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
DBDukes
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Paramount+ sign in on other devices

Jump to solution

@BluesTraveler wrote:

Can only watch Paramount+ on Roku, if I try to watch it on my computer or ipad it ask for me to login with a email and password,my subscription is through roku so how do I sign in ?

You don't. You have discovered the problem with subscribing to services through Roku. You can only use it on Roku.

What you'll end up needing to do is cancel your subscription through Roku, and it will continue until the period of the subscription ends. You'll want to create an account directly at Paramount Plus and pay them directly. You can use the credentials from that account to log in on Roku and on any other device.

You can go ahead and subscribe directly, but you'll be paying more than otherwise necessary for the period of overlap.

And, if you subscribed to anything else through Roku, you have the same issue.

I do so wish Roku would not restrict subscriptions this way. The convenient billing is a good thing, but the restricting use of the account is a major issue for me.

DBDukes
Roku Community Streaming Expert
Note: I am not a Roku employee.

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."

View solution in original post

12 REPLIES 12
DBDukes

Jump to solution

@BluesTraveler wrote:

Can only watch Paramount+ on Roku, if I try to watch it on my computer or ipad it ask for me to login with a email and password,my subscription is through roku so how do I sign in ?

You don't. You have discovered the problem with subscribing to services through Roku. You can only use it on Roku.

What you'll end up needing to do is cancel your subscription through Roku, and it will continue until the period of the subscription ends. You'll want to create an account directly at Paramount Plus and pay them directly. You can use the credentials from that account to log in on Roku and on any other device.

You can go ahead and subscribe directly, but you'll be paying more than otherwise necessary for the period of overlap.

And, if you subscribed to anything else through Roku, you have the same issue.

I do so wish Roku would not restrict subscriptions this way. The convenient billing is a good thing, but the restricting use of the account is a major issue for me.

DBDukes

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."

Joyce01

Jump to solution

Forgot password for paramount+ on roku

DBDukes

Jump to solution

@Joyce01 

If you subscribed through Roku (I'm not suggesting you do that, just acknowledging that some people do) then it should automatically log in.

Since you're being prompted to log in, I assume you subscribed directly to Paramount+ (how I do it). To recover or reset your password, go to the Paramount+ Website, click Sign In, then click Forgot Password. Enter the email address you used to create the account and click Submit.

DBDukes

0 Kudos
Larry_S

Jump to solution

The problem is that a Paramount+ password is not automatically created when subscribing to Paramount+ through Roku.  In my case, I simply had to click the "Forgot Password" button, click the link to reset (create, actually) my password in the e-mail that was sent in response, and then create a new password on the web page that loaded.

Chichidja

Jump to solution

Thank you thisnactul solved my Roku subscription problem with paramount plus your genius 

0 Kudos
Beatkeeper

Jump to solution

Didn't work for me. Paramount plus even says on their website that you can use it on any device "even if it's different than the one you signed up on." Liars, scam artist.

0 Kudos
MsRRB
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

@Beatkeeper wrote:

Didn't work for me. Paramount plus even says on their website that you can use it on any device "even if it's different than the one you signed up on." Liars, scam artist.

They were talking about subscriptions you purchase from them, not from Roku. Roku needs to be clearer about this.

Roku should also let you know that you can't use your existing Paramount+ account on their Premium Channel. It's only available if you subscribe through them. I've wasted valuable time trying to figure out how to log into Paramount+ on the Roku Premium Channel only to keep being asked to sign up for a free trial. 

Imagumby2

Jump to solution

So, if I create a stand alone Paramount Plus account through Paramount+, as I am being asked to do when I try to watch PP shows on my TV, and cancel the one through Roku, will I still be paying the same as I have through Roku? Will I be charged more? 

0 Kudos