Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RickWick
Level 8

Paramount+ program access lockout

Jump to solution

Have a Roku 3. Hulu works, netflix works. Paramount+ allows me to sign in/out but never displays programs to select. Have reset roku. Reset router. Removed/restored paramount chnl. Identical results. Subscription paid and active. Kinda like to view paramount and thusfar...thwarted. Anyone have an idea? Subscription paid through roku account.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: Paramount+ program access lockout

Jump to solution

Hi everyone,

Thanks for the posts.

For more information about that channel's features and functionality, you'll want to contact Paramount+ support directly to inquire further. Many channels on Roku are developed and maintained by the channel provider themselves. 

You can reach Paramount+ support here: https://help.paramountplus.com/s/

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
11 Replies
Cdgreen
Level 7

Jump to solution

I also have a Roku 3 and the screen says sign in or sign out.... those are the only options.  When u click sign in it says I already have an account but it does not display any other options such as shows.  The paramount chanel worked just fine when it transferred over from CBS all access but now I have no access at all.

makaiguy
Level 20

Jump to solution

When problems are confined to a particular channel, it may be that the channel did not install correctly, has received a faulty update, or has subsequently gotten corrupted. A reinstall to get the latest version may fix the problem, so give it a try. Remove/reinstall procedure:

1. Highlight channel on home screen.
  2. Press * key and choose Remove channel option.
  3. IMPORTANT- DON'T SKIP:
    Restart the Roku to clear its memory via Settings > System > System restart. (On a Roku TV, this is Settings > System > Power > System restart.)
  4. Reinstall the channel. Note it will be added to the END of the channel grid.
  5. If channel requires a login, you may need to log in anew.
  • Roku Streaming Stick +, 3810X, Ser YH0059427035, wifi - Samsung UN55ES6100
  • Roku Streaming Stick, 3600X, Ser 5S56D8240827, wifi - JVC EM37T
  • TCL Roku TV 43S425/C107X, Ser X000001R60KV, wifi
0 Kudos
Orangestng
Level 7

Jump to solution

Hi There, I have attempted your solution, but when I click on the * button on my remote it does not give me the option to "Remove Channel". Do you possibly have  any other solutions? I have tried the same ideas as the other poster in this thread. 

Thanks. Smiley Happy

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Jump to solution

Hi everyone,

Thanks for the posts.

For more information about that channel's features and functionality, you'll want to contact Paramount+ support directly to inquire further. Many channels on Roku are developed and maintained by the channel provider themselves. 

You can reach Paramount+ support here: https://help.paramountplus.com/s/

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
Catfanx2
Level 7

Jump to solution

I am having the same exact issue.  I contacted Roku support who, like one of the comments above, said to contact Paramount+.  The Paramount+ support person said he could see my account but that there was no subscription tied to it from Roku.  He believes somehow it got delinked and is elevating the issue for resolution.  In case you want to contact Paramount+ by phoneto see if you have the same issue, the number is 1-888-274-5343.

0 Kudos
Cbtyler
Level 8

Jump to solution

Save yourself a lot of trouble. Just go to the paramount+ link provided in the above post and sign up for a Paramount+ account on their site. You will find they offer a free month trial plus annual options with a 15% savings. Then cancel your Roku subscribed Paramount+ account.

Don’t worry about losing your favorite shows (or your progress in watching them) even though it asks you to “pick 3 shows”. When you access the Paramount+ app it’s in the exact same status as it was the last time you were able to access the app on your Roku.

(Even though Roku just billed me for the month and my Roku subscription is good through April 14 - it doesn’t bother me since my new annual subscription included that one month free trial so it’s a wash.)

PS After this change you can access Paramount+ on AppleTV, iPads and SMART TV’s in addition to your Roku devices and this almost makes the annoyance at the aggravation of all the trouble-shooting I went through worthwhile!

RickWick
Level 8

Jump to solution

Thank you catfanx2! P+'s help bot is terrible. Limited. Could find no other convention/link besides their email us function, which remains unanswered. Not really getting solutions from either roku or P+.

RickWick
Level 8

Jump to solution

Hi Danny. I see you're the forum moderator. It occurs to me that a significant element of your business model is to have members of the Roku community troubleshooting the efficacy of your product. I see P+ does this as well. Sure, viewing/user response is helpful. But vendors have responsibility also. Like, proficiency at maintaining your product. Just one point of view.

RickWick
Level 8

Jump to solution

More development. P+ is now telling me and catfanx2 that they can't see our subscription through Roku. That may be the bug. Bigger bug... finding someone to address it.