Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Calculady
Level 7

Paramount plus will not stream movies

I just got paramount plus and I can stream everything except movies. Any ideas as to why. This problem only is happening on one TV, it works on the other TVs. I can stream movies through Fire TV through my smart TV but just not through Roku. I can stream live TV shows and any other categories I just cannot stream movies. I get an error message:  “ unfortunately, an error occurred during playback. Please try again ”  I have contacted Paramount+  The guy I talk to on the phone did not have a clue, he tried everything that I had tried. Said he would put in a ticket and they would contact me and I have not heard from them. Hoping maybe someone here has some suggestions. I have exhausted all of the suggestions on the Roku site, on my TV site. I have restarted everything more than once. This is just baffling. It’s probably something so minute that I’m overlooking. At least I hope so

0 Kudos
8 REPLIES 8\
RokuMary-F
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: Paramount plus will not stream movies

Hi @Calculady,

Thanks for the post.

Try removing the channel that you are experiencing the issue with from the Roku home screen. Then, disconnect your device from power for a minute. Plug it back in, then try to add the channel back once more and see if this clears up the issue. 

Does this clear up the issue you are seeing? Please keep us posted.

Thanks,

Mary

0 Kudos
Svrmbaby
Level 7

Hi I’ve done all of the suggested maintenance on my Roku TV from both the Paramount website as well as your listed maintenance above and I am still having this same issue, although with me I can only watch movies and no TV shows will play on my Paramount Plus channel. All other channels and networks work completely fine on my TV it is only the TV shows on my Paramont Plus channel that this error message keeps repeatedly popping up for it will not play anything! This is not a single tv show that will play or load without an immediate “ An unknown error has occurred. Please try again” message. So far I have tried deleting/ redownloading the channel multiple times, looking for any updates on my tv, unplugging my tv, resetting my modem/router, and even trying a system restart from my settings and nothing has fixed this issue.

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Hi @Svrmbaby,

Thanks for reaching out regarding the playback issue you are experiencing with Paramount +.

If the issue is only with the channel alone, this is a good indication that there likely an issue within that specific channel that will need to be addressed with an update from the channel publisher. Channels on Roku are created and maintained by each channel publisher. In this case, you'll want to reach out to that channel publisher directly to share your feedback. 

You can reach Paramount+ support here: https://help.paramountplus.com/s/ 

We appreciate your patience with this matter!

Thanks,
Mary

StreamerUser
Level 20

@Svrmbaby wrote:

Hi I’ve done all of the suggested maintenance on my Roku TV from both the Paramount website as well as your listed maintenance above and I am still having this same issue, although with me I can only watch movies and no TV shows will play on my Paramount Plus channel. All other channels and networks work completely fine on my TV it is only the TV shows on my Paramont Plus channel that this error message keeps repeatedly popping up for it will not play anything! This is not a single tv show that will play or load without an immediate “ An unknown error has occurred. Please try again” message. So far I have tried deleting/ redownloading the channel multiple times, looking for any updates on my tv, unplugging my tv, resetting my modem/router, and even trying a system restart from my settings and nothing has fixed this issue.

You didnt mention your Roku model # or firmware version (Settings/System/About) or app version (highlight the app and press Options (*) on the remote)

FYI, the correct procedure to re-install an app on Roku:

1) Remove the app (Highlight the app, press the Options (*) button on the remote, then Remove)

2) RESTART the Roku TV (Settings/System/Power/System restart/Restart) <-- MUST DO THIS HERE!!!

3) Re-install the app

(Otherwise, settings/cached data associated with the app are left behind and it wont be a clean re-install)

0 Kudos
jdburke2k
Level 7

I had this problem and while troubleshooting, I tried to stream from my laptop...and got an ad blocker warning.  I went to my network-wide ad blocker (I have a Pi Hole blocking common ad traffic as the internet comes into the house) and used the timestamps and my Roku's IP address to whitelist ad services from that IP address (that looked like they were coming from the paramount+ app).

I was able to stream again.

I will need to do some research and fine-tune the whitelist to block all but the essentials.

0 Kudos
StreamerUser
Level 20

@jdburke2k wrote:

I had this problem and while troubleshooting, I tried to stream from my laptop...and got an ad blocker warning.  I went to my network-wide ad blocker (I have a Pi Hole blocking common ad traffic as the internet comes into the house) and used the timestamps and my Roku's IP address to whitelist ad services from that IP address (that looked like they were coming from the paramount+ app).

I was able to stream again.

I will need to do some research and fine-tune the whitelist to block all but the essentials.

Thanks for posting the feedback about your network-based ad blocker being the source of the problem - others may see it and check their own as the source.

0 Kudos
zoowagner
Level 7

I cannot stream Paramount+ original content from my Roku. I can watch them on other platforms. I can login to the Paramount app on my iPhone and watch there, I can login to the paramount app and watch from my Visio tv, and Apple TV app. Only when I login to the paramount app on Roku or galaxy tablet to I have an issue. Where it says "unfortunately an error occurred during playback"

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

@zoowagner

Thanks for the post.

Try removing the channel from the Roku home screen by navigating to the channel tile, pressing the * key on your remote and choosing 'Remove channel'. Then restart your device from Settings>System>System restart. Once your player starts up again, add the channel back once more.

Does this clear up the issue you are seeing? Please keep us posted what you find out.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos