Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Skimof671
Binge Watcher

Re: Paramount+ keeps showing sign up or sign out, even though I have subscription

Jump to solution

For all those tracking this issue ...

I still haven't heard back from Roku.  Surprise, surprise right?!  I'm not going to pursue a resolution to my ticket, because I suspect it will in some way come back around to how @Mark_63 solved it!

Just didn't want anyone holding their breath for my feedback from Roku tech support Smiley Wink

For those who haven't tried the fix, please give it a go.  Several of us have reported "joy" so I'm confident that's the best and fastest way.

Thanks again to @Mark_63 !!

RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: Paramount+ keeps showing sign up or sign out, even though I have subscription

Jump to solution

Hi everyone,

Thanks for the posts.

If you are still experiencing this issue, please provide us with the following information:

-Roku device model
-serial number
-device ID
-software OS/version
(these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
-does this issue occur on a specific channel? if so, what channel and what version/build is the channel (this can be found be selecting the channel on the Home screen and pressing the * button)
-steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing

-are you able to access this channel through other devices with your credentials such as mobile or PC?

With more information we will be able to investigate further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Cbtyler
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

This is just another exercise in futility. It’s clearly an issue with those of us who subscribed through Roku for a free three month trial and then continued our subscription on a monthly basis (which was billed each month for the past year plus as a “Free three month trial” even though it had long expired.

I had the same problem on multiple Roku devices (all bought within the past couple of years/months).

It was only for Paramount+ and it happened 2 weeks after the switch over from CBS All Access (which didn’t work for a day but then worked for 2 weeks).

It would appear that the “glitch” is designed to get us to subscribe directly with paramount+ since that is the only thing that worked.

0 Kudos
Grumpys

Paramount Plus won't accept my login password

Jump to solution

Hi:

I have updated my Roku, and the new Paramount Plus has loaded, but it will not allow me to sign in. So I removed the channel, and then reset, and updated my Roku, then re-added the Paramount channel. Same issue. I checked my password at Paramount plus.com, and it works properly, so I know I have the right credentials. Honestly, I have had nothing but trouble with this service (both on Roku, AND other devices) since I got it. I am considering ditching it, but I like the shows it has. 😒

CDaug
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

I got back a reply from Paramount about the problem on Roku with the app, basically they said they could not help. 

I got one Roku to work by following @Mark_63 post. Canceling subscription thru Roku and signing up thru Paramount. But I still can't log into Paramount on our other Roku device and TV. I get the same sign up or log in screen as on the other Roku before. 

0 Kudos
Cbtyler
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

I have 3 Roku’s and I checked two of them on the day I subscribed to Paramount+ and unsubscribed from the Roku paramount+ subscription but I couldn’t remember if I had to sign in on the second one. So......I just checked the third one and I didn’t have to sign in on it.

I’m not sure if it has anything to do with it but the first one I logged into is my oldest Roku and the third one I purchased just last month. I’m pretty sure all 3 are the most recent models if that has anything to do with it.

I was also logged off of paramount+ on the Roku when I subscribed to paramount+ and then unsubscribed so I had to log into paramount+ with the new password that I had created on the paramount+ (not my Roku password).

Not sure if that helps at all but just in case.....

0 Kudos
Skimof671
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

@CDaug :

Not that either of these will fix your problem, but you still may want to double check and make sure all your Rokus are:

1. Running OS 9.4.0 (Settings|System|About).  I read something about that OS
  2. Updated for that particular channel (highlight channel, then press * and then select "Check for updates"

Failing that, the only thing I would do (if I were seeing that behavior on some of mine) would be to reset to factor, and then add the device back into my account via setup.  Maybe some synch that needs to take place with each Roku (from the cloud) didn't work, so perhaps a factor reset would force a complete synch/download that might fix it.

Hoping something here helps!  Good luck! 

LLH
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

HELP!!! have acct, can sign in fine but cant get to programming.

Model 4662RW Roku Ultra LT

SERIAL YJ0055631207

SOFTWARE 9.4.0

DEVICE 045985631207

This has been terrible. Worked fine till 14th when I paid the $9.99 

This is the 2nd go around. Went 2 weeks with no CBSAA. Then on the phone for 3 hrs & 46 min. And they told me it was ROKU fault. Im ready to dump paramount.

Lori

0 Kudos
Cbtyler
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

See earlier messages about signing up with paramount+ directly and then cancel your subscription through Roku. 

PS My payment through Roku was supposed to go through the 14th (when the problem started) but it didn’t actually go through until the 16th after I’d cancelled but I’m not bothering to worry about it because I got a free month on Paramount+ and a 15% discounted annual rate.

0 Kudos
CDaug
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

Well now today the one Roku that was working on Paramount Plus subscription is doing the same thing! You only get the Sign up or sign out screen when trying to watch it. 

0 Kudos