Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Skimof671
Binge Watcher

Paramount Plus keeps showing sign up or sign out, even though I have subscription

Jump to solution

In case my last post didn't go through ...

I have confirmed that I'm at the correct OS version for Paramount Plus (9.4), and I have tried the channel on three different units ( #Roku Premiere (4620 series), #Roku Premiere+ (4630 series)  and #Roku TV ) with the same results:

When I launch the channel, I'm presented with two options: Sign Up for Paramount Plus, and Sign Out.

• When I click on "Sign Up ..." it says: Account Exists.  Looks like you've already subscribed ..." Please sign on.  This is correct, because I've had a subscriptions to CBS All Access for some time now
  • When I click on "Sign out" it logs me out, and then when I launch the channel again I'm presented with Sign Up (which I get the same message as above), or Sign In.  When I log in, I'm again presented with the original two options: Sign Up or Sign Out

If I highlight the channel on the home screen, and then use * I don't have the option to delete/remove the channel, and if I choose Check for updates, it says the channel is already up to date.  Same when I go to  Settings|System|System update: it says all software is up to date.

Any help would be much appreciated!

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Mark_63
Channel Surfer

Re: Paramount Plus keeps showing sign up or sign out, even though I have subscription

Jump to solution

Try. this it worked for me.

SOLUTION:

Unsubscribe from the Paramountplus App

Sign out of the paramount app 

Select Sign in via web@paramountplus

Follow the steps as if you were a new user.  (including payment information)

I skipped the customization screen (select 3 shows screen)

Submiited and got a code.

Entered this code and I got in.

Good Luck and I hope this works for all you.

View solution in original post

66 REPLIES 66
Skimof671
Binge Watcher

Re: Paramount+ keeps showing sign up or sign out, even though I have subscription

Jump to solution

Forgot to mention - the issue happens regardless of whether I sign in on my tv or using the website and code generated.

Mark_63
Channel Surfer

Re: Paramount+ keeps showing sign up or sign out, even though I have subscription

Jump to solution

I am having the same issue. I've tried everything I can find for help but nothing is fixing the problem.  I've updated the app, verified supported OS levels, reset my router, deleted and reloaded the app, canceled and renewed my subscription. I still get the message sign up or sign out, even though I have subscription.

Skimof671
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

Thanks @Mark_63 - now I know it's not me, my wife, kid, pets or some supernatural quality my house poses causing this Smiley Happy

I'm going to see if I can chat with Roku directly.  If you haven't gone down that avenue yet, and want me to keep you updated, just let me know.

Mark_63
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

I have not contacted roku, but would will monitor here for a possible solution. My latest attempt was to unsubscibe, delete the paramount app, unplug and repower the TV, reload the  app and renew my subscription. Still getting the same result.

Jump to solution

I am having the same issue.  I purchased the Year Commercial Free, and it continues to show that same thing when I attempt to sign in.

Skimof671
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

@laurakg1979  and @Mark_63  - opened a ticket with Roku.  First level support had me go through all the steps that @Mark_63  went through, with the same outcome: didn't fix it, so I've been "upgraded" Smiley Happy.  I'll let you know what comes of it.

Skimof671
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

Btw, by upgraded I mean - I've been upgraded to the next tier for technical support Smiley Happy

Mark_63
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Thanks for the update.