Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ashleystodola32
Channel Surfer

Paramount keeps logging me out every time I try to play one my shows

Every time I go into my paramount app it loads up and everything than when I click my show I wanna watch it acts like it’s gonna load up than bam it brings me back to my roku Home Screen it’s been doing this for hours now yes I payed me subscription and says I am good until may 26th!! I don’t get what the heck is going on all my other apps n channels work?!? can someone please help me?thank you!!

0 Kudos
9 REPLIES 9
DBDukes
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Paramount keeps logging me out every time I try to play one my shows

Are you using the Paramount app or the Paramount+ app? Those are different.

Assuming Paramount+ it next depends on whether you subscribed directly to Paramount+ or if you used Roku billing.

Assuming direct subscription, remove the app. Then, reboot the Roku. Then, add the app back and log in with your Paramount+ credentials.

If you are using Roku billing, you'll need someone more familiar with troubleshooting that setup. Perhaps @RokuDanny-R or @RokuMary-F can help. They've been tagged and will likely be by after a bit.

DBDukes
Roku Community Streaming Expert
Note: I am not a Roku employee.

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."

0 Kudos
Ashleystodola32
Channel Surfer

it is paramount+. I did get it thru the roku channel box thing how can I delete the app?

0 Kudos
Ashleystodola32
Channel Surfer

Also thank you for your help does mean a lot I double checked I did get thru roku billing as well.

0 Kudos
DBDukes

If you subscribed through Roku Channel or on the Roku device itself, we'll have to wait for one of the Roku folks to come along. They were tagged and should be checking in soon.

DBDukes

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."

0 Kudos
DBDukes

@Ashleystodola32 wrote:

Also thank you for your help does mean a lot I double checked I did get thru roku billing as well.

Well, I don't know.

Most apps allow you to bill two different ways: through them directly (that's a separate login and account and payment setup) or through Roku (a single payment setup).

There is nothing that would stop you from doing both. If you went to ParamountPlus.com and signed up there, you have an account there and could use those credentials to authenticate the app on Roku, or any platform.

If you didn't, and simply signed up through Roku, you can use the app on any of your Roku devices, but only on your Roku devices.

You would be the one to determine if you did both. You can check your Roku subscriptions at https://my.roku.com and seeing what subscriptions you have. If there are two there, Roku folks can help. If you signed up through Roku and at ParamountPlus.com, they wouldn't know about the direct subscription.

DBDukes

0 Kudos
Ashleystodola32
Channel Surfer

No I order the channel thru roku it is still doing the same thing as yesterday like I said my subscription is payed for the mount until may 26th I’m good for it let’s me log in loads what ever I search but when I click on something to watch it acts like it will play it than bam logs me out I’ve tried almost everything 

0 Kudos
Ashleystodola32
Channel Surfer

I did get my paramount plus thru the roku billing those people you tagged never responded either it’s really making me mad cause that app is literally my favorite app and has all my shows on there 

0 Kudos

It’s not just Roku this is happening on. I watch Paramount+ through my PS4. Every time I open the app, I have to log in again. After that it works perfect but it is annoying as **bleep**! I wish they would fix it. 

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@Christy990277

Thanks for the post.

For more information about that channel's authentication and functionality, you'll want to contact the channel provider support directly to inquire further. Many channels on Roku are developed and maintained by the channel provider themselves. 

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos