Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: Paramount Plus won't stream and screen goes black.

@Tassini @KL66

Thanks for the posts.

Try removing the channel from the Roku home screen by navigating to the channel tile, pressing the * key on your remote and choosing 'Remove channel'. Then restart your device from Settings>System>System restart. Once your player starts up again, add the channel back once more. 

Does this clear up the issue you are seeing? Please keep us posted what you find out.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
JN0k

I'm having the same issue.

Problem only happens with Paramount +

I have followed the istructions provided and still the same issue.

Black screen with Paramount + logo in the top left corner

0 Kudos
KL66
Reel Rookie

No, that doesn't work.  Screen still goes black.

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@KL66

Thanks for the post.

If you have already tried removing the channel, restarting your Roku device, and then adding the channel back again and are still seeing this issue occur, can you please provide more information:

-Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
-does this issue occur on a specific channel? if so, what channel and what version/build is the channel (this can be found be selecting the channel on the Home screen and pressing the * button)
-tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times)
-steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing
-screenshot of what you are experiencing.

In the meantime, have you tried contacting the channel provider to see what insight they can give? Many channels on Roku are developed and maintained by the channel provider themselves. 

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Cronox26

I have the same problem I do all the Roku moderators suggested and nothing. I have a Roku model 4800x and running the latest update available. 

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@Cronox26

Thanks for the post.

What specific troubleshooting steps have you taken to try to resolve the issue?

If you are unable to resolve the issue, can you please provide us the following information:
-Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
-does this issue occur on a specific channel? if so, what channel and what version/build is the channel (this can be found be selecting the channel on the Home screen and pressing the * button)
-tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times)
-steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing

With more detailed information, we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny 

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos