Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
PAW1
Reel Rookie

Paramount Plus will not load all of the way

I was a CBS-All Access Subscriber, and then Paramount Plus bought out All CBS TV stations (previously owned by Meredith Corporation). So, I added the Paramount Plus app and now Paramount Plus will not load all of the way. The video also gets out of sync with the audio and then cuts out. Then after three minutes, you see the word 'Roku' cascading down the screen? Anyone else have this problem?

0 Kudos
5 REPLIES 5
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Paramount Plus will not load all of the way

Roku cascading down the screen is the screensaver kicking in.  Have you tried the simple things like restarting your Roku - Settings->System->System restart - and/or restarting your modem/router?

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
PAW1
Reel Rookie

Yes, been there. I have Done all of that. I have even done a factory default procedure on my Roku-3- Model 4200X, and re-downloaded all of the apps. Even that did not help. My internet cable company is Cox Infinity and they came and checked everything. They said that my incoming  is 119-MBPS download to my router!

The Real problem is the video getting out of sync with the audio, and then it does half of the download and then quits and goes into screensaver mode. I was thinking that it would be nice if Paramount Plus could get together with Roku and solve this for all Roku Customers who got left out on a limb when they purchased CBS-All Access. Paramount Plus didn't charge me for the month of May!

0 Kudos
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Does it only happen on this one channel/app?  It's worth checking for updates from Settings->System->System update, but it may not help.  It's possible that the power adapter is failing, but that's a stretch.  I would think you'd be having more problems if that was the case.  I've seen problems solved by changing the HDMI cable that I never thought could possibly be caused by the cable, so if you have another you can try it's worth a shot.

There's a way to generate an issue tracker report ID by pressing the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times on your Roku remote when the problem occurs.  You then have to PM one of the forum moderators with the information and hope.

I love my Roku 3, but I have to admit it's getting long in the tooth.  It may just be time to try a new device to see if it solves your problem.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
Mjk4649

My paramount plus will not load either very frustrating 

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Mjk4649,

Thanks for posting in the Roku Community!

I apologize for your experience here. I can understand how that may be frustrating. We would like to know how to identify and resolve any playback issues. Here are a few questions here to better understand what you're experiencing:

1. What Roku model device are you using?
  2. When did this issue first start occurring?
  3. Do you observe this behavior while using any other channel(s) on your device?
  4. Have you tried removing the channel, restarting your device from Settings>System>Power>System restart (If you do not see a Power submenu, skip to the next step), then once it loads up again, adding the channel back once more to see if that clears things up?
  5. What troubleshooting steps have you taken so far to try to resolve the issue?

With more information, we will be able to assist you further.

Best regards,
Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos