Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
WWDi
Reel Rookie

Re: Paramount Plus not working on Roku

Jump to solution

I did the steps as you suggested but no still will not play back!  My paramount still not working ughhh!!!

0 Kudos
daz1138
Roku Guru

Re: Paramount Plus not working on Roku

Jump to solution

I have run into this problem also. I removed the channel, rebooted Roku and re added the channel and the problem still occurs.

I did some testing and found that content without ads play fine. (Extras)

So I added paramount on my google tv to see if it would play there. It does but I saw there was a problem in all their ads. The ad would begin to play and then freeze for a second and recover. I’m wondering if the problem is actually with their ad server.

Is there anyone on this thread that is having this problem on an ad free subscription?

System Info:

Roku Tv: C232x

Roku Software: 10.0.0.0 build 4185-94

Paramount version: 5.2 build 20210421

58” Hisense 58R6+ Roku TV C232X
Roku Ultra and Express 4K+
Vizio SB3651N-H6 5.1 surround SoundBar
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: Paramount Plus not working

Jump to solution

Hi everyone,

Thanks for the posts and providing us with the information that I have requested.

I have passed along the information to the appropriate Roku team to investigate further. Once an update is available, I'll be sure to notify the Community.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
HN
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Ive been trying to get it to work today too. I removed the channel, restarted the roku tv and reinstalled the channel and logged in. But, when I go to watch a show on paramount plus it just goes back to the Home Screen on the roku tv; like the app is crashing. I’ve tried it with several different shows on the paramount plus app and every time when I press play it goes back to the roku tv Home Screen 

0 Kudos
drunkwheel

Jump to solution

Yeah.  It's still not working

0 Kudos
lowerjs

Jump to solution

Same issue. Tried reinstalling and restarting. When I click a title the app crashes and goes back to the Home Screen. It only happens with Paramount+. No other apps are having the problem. 

Roku TV: C232X
Hisense: 58R6+
Software: 9.4.0 Build 4210-94
Paramount +: Ver. 5.2 Build 20210421

0 Kudos
aradams023
Reel Rookie

Re: Paramount+ crashing since April 27, 2021

Jump to solution

Yes, having this same issue. Started today and I do not have the option to remove the channel to try the fix.

0 Kudos
WWDi
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

This evening my paramount plus playback was still not working so I thought of something else I removed paramount plus from my hisense tv, restarted the tv and then I unplugged both my internet modem & router waited for like 5 minutes plugged them both in waited for them to get back online then I readded paramount plus, put in my name and password and wala my paramount plus playback is now working!!  Maybe others can try what I did and reboot their cable/internet modem & router!  Hope this helps!!

0 Kudos
aradams023
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

This would be a great option, however a lot of us did not have the option to remove the channel. In any event, paramount plus started working again for me last night.

0 Kudos
HN
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Paramount plus is working for all of us now again. Everyone has the option to remove a channel on a roku, they just don’t know how. If you go to a channel and press the * (asterisk) button then it gives you choices, one is to remove, another I’ve used a lot is to move the channel. So you can easily remove a channel, everyone that has a roku can remove a channel this way. 

0 Kudos