Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cowboymodern
Level 7

Re: Paramount Plus and Netflix not working

Jump to solution

Yesterday afternoon I lost both Paramount Plus and Netflix in the late afternoon. 

Paramount Plus after watching the Good Fight most of the afternoon stopped working.  I would get the Paramount+ Logo roll and then it would throw a Error message:// Error  Unfortunately an error occurred during Playback.  Please Try Again.  I have tried everything suggested here and it just repeats over and over.

Netflix is also affected and Fails to boot altogether.  I see the logo on screen for a few moments and then it takes me back to the Home Screen with no explanation.  Over and over again.  I tried to remove and then reinstall and it does the same thing

NBC News behaves normally and is not affected only the two subscription Channels.

Last night I checked on HBO which I cancelled last month when I added Paramount+ and that boots and plays and should not.  Do you know why?

Paramount+ and Netflix monthly payments have also been deducted from my Bank account in September and are not due again until October.

Can you please help me?  Otherwise I will cancel my account and subscriptions.

Thanks,  Jim Day

0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Jump to solution

@cowboymodern

Appreciate the response.

Try running a software update on your Roku device and see if that will resolve the issue you're experiencing. Check out this link for instructions: How do I update the software on my Roku® streaming device?

If the issue persists even after the update, please provide us the following information for further investigation:

-Roku device model
-Serial number
-Device ID
-Software OS/version
(these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
-Does this issue occur on a specific channel? If so, what channel and what version/build is the channel (this can be found by selecting the channel on the Home screen and pressing the * button)
-Tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times)
-Steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing

With more information, we will be able to assist you further.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Sardbfa
Level 7

Jump to solution

Same issue happening here. Only on Paramount Plus app. Shows/episodes display but after hitting play “Error occurred during playback” message. 

Model 3810X

Serial Number YH002H045262

Device ID 213982045262

Software versión 10.0.0 • build 4208-50

ID 62-394-526

0 Kudos
jlewis_3
Level 7

Jump to solution

Same here. Just Paramount+ for about a week now

Model 4800X - Roku Ultra