Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Paramount Plus and Netflix not working

Jump to solution

Yesterday afternoon I lost both Paramount Plus and Netflix in the late afternoon. 

Paramount Plus after watching the Good Fight most of the afternoon stopped working.  I would get the Paramount+ Logo roll and then it would throw a Error message:// Error  Unfortunately an error occurred during Playback.  Please Try Again.  I have tried everything suggested here and it just repeats over and over.

Netflix is also affected and Fails to boot altogether.  I see the logo on screen for a few moments and then it takes me back to the Home Screen with no explanation.  Over and over again.  I tried to remove and then reinstall and it does the same thing

NBC News behaves normally and is not affected only the two subscription Channels.

Last night I checked on HBO which I cancelled last month when I added Paramount+ and that boots and plays and should not.  Do you know why?

Paramount+ and Netflix monthly payments have also been deducted from my Bank account in September and are not due again until October.

Can you please help me?  Otherwise I will cancel my account and subscriptions.

Thanks,  Jim Day

0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

@cowboymodern

Appreciate the response.

Try running a software update on your Roku device and see if that will resolve the issue you're experiencing. Check out this link for instructions: How do I update the software on my Roku® streaming device?

If the issue persists even after the update, please provide us the following information for further investigation:

-Roku device model
-Serial number
-Device ID
-Software OS/version
(these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
-Does this issue occur on a specific channel? If so, what channel and what version/build is the channel (this can be found by selecting the channel on the Home screen and pressing the * button)
-Tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times)
-Steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing

With more information, we will be able to assist you further.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Sardbfa

Jump to solution

Same issue happening here. Only on Paramount Plus app. Shows/episodes display but after hitting play “Error occurred during playback” message. 

Model 3810X

Serial Number YH002H045262

Device ID 213982045262

Software versión 10.0.0 • build 4208-50

ID 62-394-526

jlewis_3

Jump to solution

Same here. Just Paramount+ for about a week now

Model 4800X - Roku Ultra

Serial # x01000UHN6T4 (S02A209HN6T4)

Software ver. 10.0.0 build 4209-C2

ID T4-386-964

0 Kudos
dfmdep
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Paramount Plus useless on my Roku.

Audio/video out of sync. Won't play - error message or content unavailable message.

Followed all the reset/reinstall etc directions.

Ready to give up Paramount.

0 Kudos
girhim99
Reel Rookie

Re: Paramount Plus not working

Jump to solution

I have done all the above including restarting my WiFi router and modem. All to no avail. I prepaid a yearly subscription. I feel that it was a waste. App was working fine while on free trial…weird. 
ID R1-417-490

Roku Ultra (4800 series) 

0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

Hi @dfmdep @girhim99

We do apologize for the inconvenience this has caused you.

Does the issue only occur on Paramount Plus or across other channels installed on your Roku? Did you restart your device before re-installing the channel? That step is crucial when performing the troubleshooting. If you haven't tried the suggested order (remove > restart > re-install), we would recommend giving it a shot once again.

For detailed instructions, refer to this Support link: How do I resolve channel playback issues?

Please keep us posted!

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
girhim99
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Only with Paramount Plus and yes I have done the above in that order. I’ve also tried updating app and the Roku unit itself. Everything is up to date and I’ve unplugged and reset the modem and router. I have also read through ever comment on this forum related to this issue going back to March and have tried every solution that was posted. First time I’ve ever had a problem with any of my Roku devices. This app is disappointing 😞 

0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

@girhim99

Appreciate the details.

For us to isolate the cause of the problem, please provide us with the following information:

-Roku device model
-Serial number
-Device ID
-Software OS/version
(these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
-Does this issue occur on a specific channel? If so, what channel and what version/build is the channel (this can be found by selecting the channel on the Home screen and pressing the * button)
-Tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times)

With more information, we will be able to assist you further.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
girhim99
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Model:4800RW-Roku Ultra

Serial Number: X01000RCM2R1 (S02C209CM2R1)
Software Version: 10.0.0 build 4209-C2
Time stamp:2021-10-19T17:32:10Z
Issue ID R1-420-092

Paramount Plus Version 6.1 Build

It’s only happening on Paramount Plus.
0 Kudos