Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RobinM13

Re: Paramount Plus not working

Jump to solution

My paramount plus app just goes to a black screen when I try to pull it up.  When I go to the home screen to try delete the app and redownload it I dont have the option to remove the channel.   I have hit the * to update I have updated thru the roku system .  Nothing is working any help would be appreciated 

0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

Hello @RobinM13

Thanks for reaching out here in the Community!

You must cancel the subscription first before you see the Remove channel option. Moreover, make sure to restart the device before re-installing Paramount Plus to ensure the process is successful.

If the issue persists in one channel, videos from other channels play fine, we would recommend contacting the channel provider's customer support team to report the issue and get help. Channels on Roku are maintained by the channel developer themselves. There's likely an issue within that specific channel that needs to be addressed with an update from the channel developer.

You can reach them here: https://help.paramountplus.com/s/

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos

Jump to solution

I tried to do this the other day as I have been having issues with the app crashing and forcing my Roku TV to do a complete restart; however, I don't have the option to remove the app. Where that would normally be, it says "Cancel Subscription" instead. I don't want to cancel my subscription just to uninstall and reinstall the app. 

Is there another way to remove the channel? Possibly through the channel store? 

0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

Hey @caitsurreal98

Thanks for the post. 

Please be advised that removing a channel can only be done directly on the Roku device. No worries, if you cancel your subscription and it's still within the validity date, you won't be charged immediately upon resubscribing.

I hope this helps!

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
ks04
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Did all that and still not working 

0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

Hello @ks04

I hope you're doing well.

Could you tell us first the exact issue you're experiencing? We'd like to know more about how we can help.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Samclick

Jump to solution

Happening again

0 Kudos
ks04
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

It only happens with paramount plus live tv.  Picture lags the sound, and then after a few minutes the screen goes black and nothing, no sound and no picture. 

0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

@ks04 @Samclick

Thanks for the update.

Channels on Roku are maintained by the channel developer themselves. We suggest reaching out to Paramount Plus support to report the issue and get help. There's likely an issue within that specific channel that needs to be addressed with an update from them. 

You can contact them here: https://help.paramountplus.com/s/

We appreciate your understanding.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
jimtmy

Jump to solution

deleted, restarted, added. same problem. black screen.

0 Kudos