Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Paramount Plus not working

Jump to solution

Hi @Ronal2s,

Thanks for posting in the Roku Community! 

Can you please provide us with more specific information about the issue you are experiencing? What was the error message when attempted to stream the channel? Does the issue only occur on Paramount + or all channels on your Roku device?

For troubleshooting, have you try removing the channel from the Roku home screen by navigating to the channel tile, pressing the * key on your remote, and choosing 'Remove channel'. Then restart your device from Settings > System > System restart. Once your player starts up again, add the channel back once more.

Please keep us posted and we'll continue assisting you from there.

Regards,

Mary

0 Kudos
Ronal2s
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Yes, I did those steps but still facing this issue. Paramount logo got stuck on the top left screen

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Thanks for the update, @Ronal2s.

If you're still experiencing an issue, try checking for any system updates in Settings > System > System update > Check now then restart your Roku device.

For more information about how to check for a manual update, visit our Support page here: How do I update the software on my Roku® streaming device?
Please try doing this and see if it helps with what you're experiencing.

Regards,
Mary

0 Kudos
Ronal2s
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I did it too, both software are updated. Paramount app and Roku system

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Thanks for letting us know all that you've done, @Ronal2s.

If removing the channel and adding it back after you've restarted the device and performing a software update does not resolve the channel issue, I'd recommend reaching out to the channel support directly to report the issue and request additional support. Many channels on the Roku platform are developed and maintained by the channel provider directly, and they'll be able to best assist. If other channels are working correctly, and you only experience this issue on that channel (app), that is likely an indication that the issue lies within that particular channel. In these cases, the channel provider will need to investigate the issue in order to help resolve it.

You can reach Paramount+ support here: https://help.paramountplus.com/s/ 

Regards,
Mary

0 Kudos
Stephen3
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Ive done everything. Turn my tv off and then on again. Turned new roku device off and on again. Disconnected modem and reconnected. Yes, waited 60 seconds between off and on in the above 3 efforts.

Then i unsubscribed  and removed Paramount +. I also canceled the subscription. Resubscibed and reinstalled the App once again. All of the above done by me one after the other, and still audio NOT synched. Apparently, Roku is ignoring this potential service issue. Its happening to everyone from what i see in the blogs. Think i may go back to cable.

0 Kudos
Stephen3
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Roku needs to be calling Paramount+, it seems to me. Apparently you dont talk to any of your Apps we buy thru Roku. But fine. Ill contact them. 

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@Stephen3

Thanks for the post.

When removing a channel, please make sure to restart your Roku device before adding the channel back again, specifically in that order.

If you are still experiencing an issue on just that channel and no other channels, I'd recommend reaching out to Paramount+ directly to report the issue and request additional support. Many channels on the Roku platform are developed and maintained by the channel provider directly, and they'll be able to best assist. If other channels are working correctly, and you only experience this issue on the Paramount+ channel (app), that is likely an indication that the issue lies within that particular channel. In these cases, the channel provider will need to investigate the issue in order to help resolve it.  

You can reach them here: https://help.paramountplus.com/s/

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos

Jump to solution

I still cannot get Paramount+ to work. I have gone as far as Factory Reset, and it will not work. I cannot get the * Option action to work; when I press it on the remote it just bounces back to the Home menu. I cannot remove the app. Rebooting, resetting has no helped; I continually get an "oops! can't stream rn but we are working on it!" message. Paramount+ working fine on my laptop

0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

Hi @amynagopaleen

Thanks for letting us know about the issue you're experiencing.

Please be advised that channels on Roku are maintained by the channel developer themselves. We highly recommend following @RokuDanny-R's suggestion above since there's likely an issue within that specific channel that needs to be addressed with an update from the channel developer.

We appreciate your understanding.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos