Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Walknana

Re: Paramount Plus not working

Jump to solution

PAramont Plus still not working

0 Kudos
ibaguru
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Roku has given up and now say's to work with Paramount since they created the app.

I cancelled the subscription thru Roku and now have it via Prime. Same price.

Another user said they had to get a new Roku stick.

I'm guessing it is an incompatibility issue with a recent Paramount update and the Roku platform... with no incentive to fix it for either party.

Much like an Apple update and an old Canon printer that don't know how to talk to each other anymore ...

ahhhh the life of technology..

0 Kudos
RCF
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

does not work--i have even reset my roku--i've unplugged, checked system to be sure up to date; uninstalled, reinstalled

0 Kudos
RCF
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

I opened a case on MARCH 29-- still not fixed...

0 Kudos
daz1138
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

Having had this problem and walked through the issues and done some testing myself I think this issue is both with Roku and Paramount+ so everyone still having the issues needs to report it to Roku AND Paramount+ for any fix to be effective. 

Not having access to code (or a devices where the app isn’t working anymore. Mine works now) here is what I saw and my take on the issue. 

1. the remove app option not being available. This is strange and should function the same across all devices. Roku needs to look into this because if it is available in one place it should be available everywhere unless there is a different app for each device - which I do not see happening. 

2. the app not functioning. When I had this problem the only content that would not play was content with ads. With further research I found the ad content was having issues being served. Now was this issue with Paramount+ or their ad server I do not know. But on Roku, once the trouble occurred with the ad the app could not recover and it crashed the app. Now potentially the issue could be with error recovery in the app or on Roku’s end or both I’m not sure. 

this is what was happening on my end. I never lost the ability to delete the app. My issues with the app crashing was only on content with ads. Once the Paramount app updated my issue with the crash went away. 

so everyone still having the issue report it to the app developers (Paramount+). Contact information is in this thread. And report it with as much detail as possible to Roku. 

58” Hisense 58R6+ Roku TV C232X
Roku Ultra and Express 4K+
Vizio SB3651N-H6 5.1 surround SoundBar
0 Kudos
RCF
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

I opened a case on 3/29--it is now somewhat escalated at paramountplus--just sent an email to Roku  thanks!

0 Kudos
daz1138
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

I am also thinking that some of the app developers are not keeping up with their apps properly as Roku updates their code. 

For example, Amazon Prime Video on Roku has some real issues with HDR. Sometimes it works sometimes it doesn’t. I switch over to prime on my Chromecast with GoogleTV works every time. 

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi everyone,

Thanks for the posts.

If you are still experiencing an issue with accessing Paramount+, can you please provide us the following information:
-Roku device model
-serial number
-device ID
-software OS/version
(these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
-what channel and what version/build is the channel (this can be found be selecting the channel on the Home screen and pressing the * button)
-tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times)
-steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
RCF
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

-Roku device model- 3600x roku stick
-serial number 5S4670252551
-device ID- not one of choices unter settings/system/about
-software OS/version 10.0.0 BUILD 4195-24
(these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
-what channel and what version/build is the channel (this can be found be selecting the channel on the Home screen and pressing the * button) paramount plus version 5.2 build 20210421
-tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times)—I cannot figure out how to do that
-steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing
Issues:
1) shows I watch do not appear in “keep watching” –Sunday, I watched NCIS New Orleans and The Equalizer—neither is in my “keep watching” list. Bold and Beautiful, which to the best of my knowledge I have never watched in my entire life IS in “keep watching”
2) when I go to a program I always watch that is not in “keep watching,” it does not show which shows I have already watched
3) live TV does not work: my local channel koin, either does not load (a circle keeps going around), or the picture and sound do not match, or first I gt the picture and sound and THEN it stops loading, and I get the circle.
I have done complete resets—have followed the same instructions from paramount plus tech support multiple times—it is now actually worse than when i first opened my case on MARCH 29

0 Kudos
daz1138
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

On item numbers1/2, since I’ve had Paramount+ the items in keep watching are not always consistent. Most of the time when a new episode comes out the series will reappear in keep watching while all the exclusive Paramount+ content I watch stays in Keep Watching even when I completed a series. 

On item 3 live TV quality is terrible. If I watch CBS live on the Xfinity app or my local channel app the quality is much better. 

0 Kudos