Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
aradams023
Reel Rookie

Re: Paramount Plus not working

Jump to solution

Oh, I’m well aware on how to remove a channel. When I said a lot of us didn’t have the option, I meant just that. The option to remove channel under the asterisk was not there as it normally was for paramount plus. If you read some additional comments you’d see this response. As I said, some of us did not have the remove channel option to try that fix.

NanaJ

Jump to solution

Have removed Paramount app, reset tv, still no playback. Launches show, plays commercial, looks like it's loading and then back to the Roku menu. Looks like this is an ongoing issue for quite some time  I wish it could get resolved. We do not have a separate device we have a Magnavox Roku TV.

Swasha
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Removed channel, restarted Roku, and re-added the channel several times, all with the same result. I can get into the app, pick a program, click on “Watch now,” and while it’s loading it suddenly closes the app and brings me back to the home screen — every time.

Fletchman

Jump to solution

Same issue as others. Have tried removing, restart, updating, etc. Why should we have to contact paramount plus? It works fine on my Samsung TV, android devices, fire stick & chromecast. Obviously the problem lies with roku. Had this same problem with hulu a while back. If this is how Roku handles issues, I'm done with them. If an app doesn't work then Roku should contact the provider. If it doesn't get fixed, then take the app off. Very poor customer support Roku!

0 Kudos
NellyBly
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

There is still no "remove" option in the channel options. However, after I rebooted the Roku and our modem -- and with no availability of ANYthing on the Paramount channel for two days -- on the third day, I was able to watch shows.  But even then, still, the "remove" option is not there. Doing this has always fixed other channel issues, although Netflix still often fails to boot and I remove and reinstall it about once a month. What is worrying me now is that you all keep bringing up a window warning me not to uninstall the Spectrum streaming TV app; I pay a huge amount of money to Spectrum every month for this, and if I lose access to this, I am not going to be a happy camper. WHY DON'T YOU FIX THIS.  Roku, you need to get together a focus group of customers and fix your technology issues.Horrible.  I had been considering buying a ROKU TV, but now I'm so glad I didn't

ibaguru
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Not working for me either - I've removed it, rebooted, added back - still not working.

I've cancelled it, removed it, rebooted, added it back - still not working

I've removed it, rebooted the router and the roku TV, added it back - still not working

I've now cancelled the channel.

I love CBS live for my news - but if I can't watch it - I'm not paying for it.

RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Paramount Plus not working on Roku

Jump to solution

Hi everyone,

Thanks for posting in the Roku Community!

We're aware of the issue and it's currently under investigation. Once they provide me with an update I'll be sure to let the Community know.

We appreciate your patience for the time being!

Kind regards,
Mary

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi everyone,

Thanks for your patience regarding this issue.

We believe this issue has been resolved. We would recommend the following steps:

1. Updating the channel by selecting the channel on the Home screen and pressing the * button. In addition.
  2. Perform a system update on your Roku device through Settings > System > System update. 

After performing those steps, please try checking to see if the issue is resolved. Please keep us posted what you find out!

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
ibaguru
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

no this didn't work

iam4him2
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Same here I've tried everything forum suggests. Can't delete app no option when pressing * key.

Roku needs to get this handled

0 Kudos