Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
PunkMaister
Binge Watcher

Paramount Plus not working on Roku

Jump to solution

Paramount Plus not working on Roku. All that appears is the channel name on the top left of the screen against a blank black background.

0 Kudos
3 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: Paramount Plus not working on Roku

Jump to solution

Hi everyone,

Thanks for the posts and information.

We believe the issue you were experiencing with Paramount playback to be resolved now. We would recommend removing the channel, rebooting your Roku device, and then adding the channel back again to see if the channel is resolved. More detailed instructions can be found on the Support site: How to resolve a channel playback issue

Please keep us posted.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi everyone,

Thanks for your patience regarding this issue.

We believe this issue has been resolved. We would recommend the following steps:

1. Updating the channel by selecting the channel on the Home screen and pressing the * button. In addition.
  2. Perform a system update on your Roku device through Settings > System > System update. 

After performing those steps, please try checking to see if the issue is resolved. Please keep us posted what you find out!

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi everyone,

Thanks for the posts.

If you are still experiencing an issue with the Paramount+ channel and have followed the troubleshooting steps outlined by @makaiguy, I'd recommend reaching out to Paramount+ directly to report the issue and request additional support. Many channels on the Roku platform are developed and maintained by the channel provider directly, and they'll be able to best assist. If other channels are working correctly, and you only experience this issue on the Paramount+ channel (app), that is likely an indication that the issue lies within that particular channel. In these cases, the channel provider will need to investigate the issue in order to help resolve it.  

You can reach them here: https://help.paramountplus.com/s/

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator

253 REPLIES 253
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

When problems are confined to a particular channel, it may be that the channel didn't install properly, that it didn't update correctly, or that the installation has otherwise gotten corrupted. A reinstall may fix the problem, so give it a try. Remove/reinstall procedure:

1. Highlight channel on home screen.
  2. Press * key and choose Remove channel option.
  3. IMPORTANT- DON'T SKIP:
    Restart the Roku to clear its memory via Settings > System > System restart. (On a Roku TV, this is Settings > System > Power > System restart.)
  4. Reinstall the channel. Note it will be added to the END of the channel grid.
  5. If channel requires a login, you may need to log in anew.
Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | Streaming Stick+ 3810 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
glenn77

Jump to solution

I don't have the "remove channel" option

RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@glenn77

Thanks for the post.

Can you please clarify the issue you are experiencing? Have you tried checking for a channel update by pressing the * button to see if that helps?

With more information we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos

Jump to solution

Paramount plus only opens to the default sign in screen. It says signup or sign out.

if one goes to sign in it states you are already signed up.

No updates are available and on the home page settings the option to remove channel is not present after hitting *  it only states my rating, move channel, manage subscription, check for updates, give us feedback and close.

cannot remove app to try to reinstall, very frustrating been happening since Monday March 15

Nmahanic

Jump to solution

I also have the same problem (Paramount + logo in the upper left of a black screen).  I have removed the channel in accordance with the instructions, reinstalled it, and tried again, and it was the same problem.  Any other ideas?

RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@Nmahanic

Thanks for the post.

When removing a channel, are you making sure to restart the device before adding the channel back again?

Please keep us posted.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
FionaK

Jump to solution

Same issue and I cannot remove the channel. I checked for updates for the Roku and Paramount+, everything is up-to-date.

Any suggestions?

0 Kudos
jpw711

Jump to solution

Having the same exact problem.  I've deleted the channel, restarted roku, added channel, just get the black screen with Paramount+ in upper left hand corner of screen.

Was working fine Friday, Saturday morning it's dead.  Using a Roku Ultra btw.

I was thinking it was being caused by Starlink forcing me to the Canadian version of the site on my chromebook, even though I'm in Missouri, but seeing other people with the same problem has changed my mind.

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @jpw711,

Thanks for the post.

If removing the channel and adding it back after you've restarted the device does not resolve the channel issue, I'd recommend reaching out to the channel support directly to report the issue and request additional support. Many channels on the Roku platform are developed and maintained by the channel provider directly, and they'll be able to best assist. If other channels are working correctly, and you only experience this issue on that channel (app), that is likely an indication that the issue lies within that particular channel. In these cases, the channel provider will need to investigate the issue in order to help resolve it.

You can reach Paramount+ support here: https://help.paramountplus.com/s/ 

Thanks,

Mary

0 Kudos