Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
EmeraldEyes79
Channel Surfer

Re: Paramount Plus not working

Jump to solution

This is from Mary at Roku. It helped me. Hope it helps you.

Thanks for posting in the Roku Community!

I'd be happy to take a closer look to see how we can help get you up and running.

Does the issue only occur on Paramount plus or all channels on your Roku device? Are you receiving error messages or codes when accessing the channel? 

We recommend starting here to troubleshoot channel issues: Follow these steps in order:

1. Navigate to the channel tile on the Roku home screen, press the * key on your remote, and choose 'Remove channel'.

2. Next, restart your device from Settings>System>System restart. (For Roku TV Settings>System>Power>System restart)

3. Once your player/TV starts up again, go to 'Streaming Channels' on the Home screen, and add the channel back once more.

In addition, please get the latest Paramount plus channel version by checking for a channel update using your * button on the channel tile, or going to Settings for a System Update there. Then, restart your player. 

You may also refer to this link: How to resolve a channel playback issue | Official Roku Support

If this issue is not resolved, please let us know along with any additional information you may have that would be helpful for our team in further investigating this problem.

We appreciate your patience with this matter!

Best regards,

Mary

0 Kudos
Njorvin

Jump to solution

I have checked for updates on my roku tv and the paramount plus app and was successful, but It still will not play. I paid my subscription by yearly and cannot uninstall the app without canceling it. How can I uninstall and reinstall paramount plus. 

0 Kudos
Robert70

Jump to solution

Unsubscribing does not keep you from watching the channel as it is paid for, for a year. Unsubscribing only stops the automatic renewal at the end of that year. I have done this and then signed back in after reinstalling. Sadly, it still hasn't fixed the "video unavailable...try again later issue" 😞 Paramount support continues to tell me "we are working on it"..... I had no issues using Paramount through Amazon Prime but had the brilliant idea of canceling and paying for a year through the stand alone Paramount app..... worst decision ever.....

0 Kudos
lojokes

Jump to solution

Continuous problems with P+ playback. Worked with Roku rep last evening. We got it back. Then tonight same Content Unavailable issue. Went through the EXACT steps done with the rep last evening MULTIPLE times. Even unplugged router and modem, removed and re added channel plus went through advanced settings to rest Roku and rejoin wireless. NO GO! Believe you have a software glitch. Seeing same problem with HBOMAX. Very dissapointed! Costing me money!

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

I ordered the basic Paramount Plus yesterday (1/5/2022).  The Essential plan said limited commercial interruptions.  I have Roku devices on 3 different TVs and added Paramount+ to each of them.  And on each of them, when I opened Paramount+ and tried to run some series (1883, Mayor of Kingstown, Seal Team), I started getting the same message that everyone else here has gotten.  I did everything to try and resolve it only to get more frustrated when it didn't work.  Since most of your messages seem to involve ad blocking, I got another idea.  On my laptop, I went to the Paramount+ webpage and what do you know.  There is a red button in the upper right hand corner that says something like No Ads.  I push it and am taken to the upgrade page.  I select the Premium option and guess what, the series are now working with Roku.  

I agree, if this is the fix, it is really disappointing and now I don't know if I will keep Paramount+ after the trial.

0 Kudos
PMK
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I am happy to see that Roku is aware of the issue. This is a new problem for me as of a few weeks ago. Shame on Roku that this STILL is an issue after this Roku post way back in May.

From what I can find, because I am a paid subscriber of Paramount Plus I would need to cancel my subscription before I have the option to remove the channel, reboot wifi and Roku and then reinstall Paramount Plus. This is ridiculous. I have sometimes been able, with about a 50% success rate, to unplug Roku, shut down wifi, wait 5 min, reboot wifi, restart Roku. The additional problem with this insanity is that the program will again give the "not available at this time" message at some point while streaming. I have to believe this is some sort of issue related to buffering. The message that is displaying is not accurate. The program IS AVAILABLE just not thru my ROKU. 

I had previously been planning on migrating to Roku as my primary media source but now need to reevaluate canceling my DirecTV until I can trust that Roku will actively work to resolve and provide support to their customers. 

I continue to make sure Roku is up to date as well as Paramount Plus. As a subscriber, that is all I should be responsible to do.

I would live to continue my previously trouble free relationship with Roku but I will be researching options.

Re: Paramount Plus not working on Roku

Jump to solution

I do not have the option to remove Paramount plus when pressing the * button.  Roku 3

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

this step doesnt work either

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

We cleared the cache and data on our roku device and now everything works fine.

0 Kudos
PMK
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

It appears this is only a problem if I select the  Paramount Plus channel directly. It works fine when played via Prime Video and then selecting the Paramount Plus channel from there. Confused.

0 Kudos