Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Paramount Plus not working

Jump to solution

@zizoubka wrote:

May I ask where you guys reside?

So the problem might be networking / geo-block issues, prolly this version of Paramount Plus app only allows US IP address.

Yes, I am in the USA.  It may be that Paramount has programmed the Roku-compatible version of their app to require a US connection.  Usually, though, channel apps won't install in countries in which they are not authorized and won't even show in Streaming channels on the Roku.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | Streaming Stick+ 3810 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
0 Kudos
Anotheryou
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

I'm in the US NorCal. The issue went away 2 days after my original post here. P+ had been working fine ever since

0 Kudos
EmeraldEyes79
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

I live in North Eastern Pennsylvania. And P+ has been out for the past couple of days. 

Aggravating!

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi everyone,
Thanks for the posts.
We are aware of the issue that is affecting Roku devices with connectivity/loading channels and the appropriate Roku team is currently investigating and working on a resolution.
We appreciate your patience during this time. Once more information is available, I'll be sure to post an update on this thread.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
TAD2
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Paramount plus no longer works properly on your device.  It streams programs to a point where there is an advertisement and then freezes and says content unavailable try back later.  It never streams past that point.  All other apps work fine.   I have followed all protocols to correct this issue including uninstalling the app, restarting Roku, and then reinstalling the app.  I know for sure it has something to do with Roku in particular because I have a smart TV and decided to see if the paramount plus app works on it and it works perfectly.  You may be wondering why I don't usually use the smart TV interface.  I don't like the configuration.  It's clumsy to use but I will be using it more now.

EmeraldEyes79
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Well my Roku is on my TV but I don't have a smart TV. And not everyone has a smart TV. Some of us just can't afford it. But the Paramount+ has started working again. So I am glad for that.

Thank you

0 Kudos
goof42
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

I found that if I access PMP with a computer browser first, my Roku works well.  I agree that the issues with Roku are on PMP's side.  Roku is the industry standard.

0 Kudos
UPSETTEXAN

Jump to solution

THAT DID NOT WORK!  I HAVE DONE EVERYTHING THAT PARAMOUNT TOLD ME TO DO ON THEIR WEBSITE. I HAVE CHANGED ROKU'S I HAVE TWO OF THEM STILL NOTHING. I TRIED TO CALL PARAMOUNT AND WAS ON HOLD TWICE FOR OVER 30 MINUTES STILL NOTHING.  THE LIVE STREAM WORKS FINE IT IS JUST THE RECORDED PROGRAMS THAT DON'T WORK.  WHEN YOU START ONE THE LEAD IN COMMERCIAL RUNS UP TO 6 OR 7 SECONDS AND THEN IT FREEZES AND AFTER SEVERAL MINUTES YOU GET A SCREEN STATING THE CONTENT IS NOT AVAILABLE AND FREEZES THERE.

PLEASE CAN SOMEONE PLEASE TELL ME WHAT ELSE I CAN DO OTHER THAN CANCEL PARAMOUNT IT IS THE ONLY CHANNEL WE CAN GET 80% OF THE SHOWS WE WATCH.   THANK YOU

Kwisin
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

contact PPlus... chat link on Facebook page work for me... the subscription data was corrupt for account and when they fixed that issue everything started working... I think it was corrupted when they dropped the limited commercial plans... message PPlus... they did respond... good luck

0 Kudos
goof42
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Still on hold on phone for 23+ minutes.  And Facebook?  PP promised a human, but nothin' doing.  Got a human on phone after 25 minutes.  After explaining  all the stuff done on the Roku, agent got roku info, PP info, and internet capacity info--and now I'm shoveled to the tech team queue.  Lots of background noise.  Must be a busy time for PP.  When did the issues start?  With the new season of Discovery streaming, of course. 

Notice on the PP site that everything is scoped to imply Roku is the issue.  Hardly, not when other streaming channels work flawlessly.  Not when Roku is the industry standard. 

My thanks to Kwisin for giving us hope, but PP seems not responding well.

0 Kudos