Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
chrisb55
Level 8

Paramount Plus can't do live tv

Just grumpy. It's NFL opening day and it can't stream it's most watched show. 

0 Kudos
6 REPLIES 6\
DBDukes
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Paramount Plus can't do live tv

@chrisb55 

With the $10/month plan, local CBS stream is available. Do you have the correct plan? The cheaper plan doesn't get you live CBS local affiliate stream.

DBDukes
Roku Community Streaming Expert
Note: I am not a Roku employee.

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."

0 Kudos
chrisb55
Level 8

Seems like you're just trying make it sound like i don't know what product I got. The Paramount Plus app is a piece of junk the live tv starts and then can't continue after maybe 15-30 seconds. It's the only app that can't buffer fast enough to stream in live tv all the competitors don't this issues. It's garbage. 

0 Kudos
makaiguy

@chrisb55-  There's no need to get testy with some one that's giving of his time to try to help a stranger.

There are lots of people posting lately with the same complaint.

It's not readily apparent to most that each channel provider, like Paramount+ in this case, creates and maintains the specific version of their app that runs on the Roku system.   The only channels that Roku maintains are their own The Roku Channel, the Roku Media Player, and several Roku information channels.   For everything else, Roku just provides the platform on which they run. 

Because each platform (Roku, firestick, etc.) has to have its own custom channel-provided version of the channel app, it's not unusual for one platform to exhibit a problem when another platform does not. 

On Roku, a "remove channel app / restart Roku / reinstall channel app" process (don't skip the "restart Roku" step) should get you a complete installation of the latest version of the channel app.  This can fix things if the problem was caused by a corrupted, out of date, or incomplete installation of the app. 

If the problem then persists with that channel while other channels work without a hitch, it generally means there is a problem with the channel-provided app that only the channel provider can fix.

I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking " Accept as Solution.".

Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | Streaming Stick+ 3810 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
0 Kudos
inch7swing
Level 7

So, in other words, don't pay any attention to Paramount Plus' advice that you do a Roku factory reset, in HOPES that fixes the issue! They're deflecting because they haven't a clue, or don't care that I'm paying $10+/month for a service hat's supposed to include live streaming!

I'll try un- and reinstalling the app. If that don't work, P+ just lost a paying customer.

0 Kudos
DBDukes

@inch7swing 

Be sure to do it this way:

1. Uninstall the app.
  2. Reboot the Roku.
  3. Reinstall the app.

Many leave out step 2. Don't leave out step 2. Some even do step 2 as the first or last step. Don't. It's step 2 because that's where it goes in the process, between the removal of the app and the reinstallation of the app.

DBDukes
Note: I am not a Roku employee.

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."

0 Kudos
chrisb55
Level 8

For anyone reading this, the Paramount app live streaming feature is categorically defective. All other channels I've tired worked fine for live streaming.  Nobody's internet is bad, or needing to re-install, people complained about this during the Olympics and it wasn't any better for the start of the NFL season, if they fix great as the last time I tired it was structurally broken. 

Unsubscribe from this forum's update I don't any more emails.