Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cougzilla

Re: Paramount Plus Audio Video Sync Issues

Jump to solution

I have the same issue with paramount+ audio delay.  Plus I also have issues with the steam stopping/ kicking me out frequently.

Probably won't keep this service.

0 Kudos
DonnS
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

Yes, the problem is still there. It has not been working right since May. Neither Paramount or Roku seem to care about it, I have contacted Paramount technical in July, they said they were working on it, but no change. Fortunately I can get my local CBS on antenna, so I can still watch football.

0 Kudos
kPev

Jump to solution

Yeps, happening in Australia with Discovery grrrrrrr

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi everyone,

Thanks for reaching out to the Roku community!

We're sorry to hear that you're having a channel playback issue with Paramount plus.

We recommend starting here to troubleshoot channel issues: Follow these steps in order:
1. Navigate to the channel tile on the Roku home screen, press the * key on your remote, and choose 'Remove channel'.
2. Next, restart your device from Settings>System>System restart. (For Roku TV Settings>System>Power>System restart)
3. Once your player/TV starts up again, go to 'Streaming Channels' on the Home screen, and add the channel back once more.
You may also refer to this link: How to resolve a channel playback issue | Official Roku Support
If that still doesn't clear up the issue you're experiencing, we recommend contacting the channel provider directly to follow up for more help. They’ll be able to best assist with any issues that are occurring within their channel.

You can reach Paramount+ support here: https://help.paramountplus.com/s/ 

Please keep us posted.

Regards,
Mary

Y1nzer
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

We did this RokuMary-F ... doesn't fix the problem

Reducing the resolution to 720P appears to fix the problem - but why should i have to downgrade the resolution just for one channel?

Also note that my Amazon Fire Stick does NOT have this problem

Thanks

Jewle
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution
With my Roku, I set the resolution from 1080 to 720 & Paramount on my Roku worked fine.  I was able to go right back in & change the resolution back to 1080 & it's been working fine.  However, weeks later my Firestick started doing the same as the Roku was doing, so I changed it to 720 DPI & it will only work in 720 for about the last 4 months.
0 Kudos
DonnS
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

Hi Jewle, thanks for that. Changing the resolution to 720p does solve the problem on my Roku 2. But, I cannot find a way to change the resolution on my Hitachi Roku TV. Does anyone know how to do that? I would think since the TV is branded Roku that a Roku person might know.

By the way, I did try deleting and re-adding the channel on my Hitachi-Roku TV, this changes nothing.

0 Kudos
DonnS
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

To Mary-F, who is a Roku employee. I was able to work around the audio-video desynchronization problem on my Roku 2 by changing the resolution to 720p, as recommended by several forum posters.

However, I do not see a way to change the resolution on my Hitachi-Roku TVs. Can you please tell me how to do that? Since the TV is branded Roku, I am hoping you can tell me how.

By the way, I did remove and re-add the channel, this did nothing.

0 Kudos
Ulmesh

Jump to solution

I have the issue on  Google Chromecast too. This is a paramount/app issue

0 Kudos
Jewle
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

I had thought that my Roku was still running on 1080 dpi after changing it from 720 months ago (as noted earlier), & thought that it was working fine on 1080 (after changing it back from 720).  I checked the resolution yesterday & found my husband had set it some time ago back to 720 when he was having problems viewing paramount.  So I changed it back to 1080 yesterday, & again the video wasn't syncing with the audio & the video was running behind the audio. So I had to again change the resolution on my roku to 720. It's the only way I can view Paramount Plus on my Roku & my Firestick.  Therefore, since so many others are having the same issues w  1080, I conclude that paramount Plus does not support 1080 dpi!  Why have they NOT fixed this... cuz they don't care about their customers as they are aware of the problems!   Yes, it IS a paramount issue!

0 Kudos