Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RokuKariza-D
Roku Guru

Re: Paramount Plus audio and video is out of sync on my Roku device

Jump to solution

Hey @dfry

We do apologize for the inconvenience this has caused you.

Does the issue only occur on Paramount Plus or across other channels installed on your Roku? If it's just on one channel, contact the channel provider's customer support team to report the issue and get help.

Channels on Roku are maintained by the channel developer themselves. In this case, there's likely an issue within that specific channel that needs to be addressed with an update from the channel developer.

You can contact Paramount Plus Support here.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
Emeralddahlia
Reel Rookie

Re: Paramount Plus Audio Video Sync Issues

Jump to solution

Just made a phone call to Paramount + about this issue. Yes I walked through all other possible issues; restarts, reinstall of the app, and factory reset the roku stick. The lady on the phone with Paramount tried to do her thing from her end but it didn't work either. So I was referred to a higher technician who will look at it within 24 to 48 hours. I will provide an update after they contact me.

JBtoo
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

I have the cheapest plan, switched over from CBS AllAccesa and there was never any lag with that. The morning, noon and evening local news are live but there is still a lag. The prime time shows here are all prerecorded but on CBS AllAccess we could watch that night instead of 24 hours later.  I was holding out hope but they obviously don't give a darn.

0 Kudos
Emeralddahlia
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Okay Roku Peeps here is the solution we've all been waiting months for!

Obviously our network connection bandwidth isn't the issue so you can over look that part. Also I already did the factory reset so it wasn't a device Roku memory issue. Remember to restart your streaming stick after you change settings. 

Thank you for contacting Paramount+ customer service. We apologize for the technical issues you are facing while streaming Paramount+. Thank you for your patience while we investigate the issue. If the issue persists, we ask that you please perform the following basic troubleshooting steps:

1. Go to “Settings” options on your Roku.
2. Tap on the “Audio” option.
3. Now, set the Audio mode to “Stereo.”
or
then set the HDMI mode to PCM-Stereo then re-open Paramount+ and see if the issue still occurs
or
While watching any content; go to audio settings and switch Volume Mode to "Off"
4. During playback of content, if you hit the " * " key on your remote, do you have 'Audio leveling' enabled on your device? If so, please disable this setting and see if the issue is resolved

If the above steps do not fix the issue, please follow these additional steps:

1. Ensure you are using the 2.4GHz network as most Roku devices run better on this network. You can do this by appropriately naming your Wi-Fi radios. For assistance, please contact your internet service provider.
2. When viewing, click the (*) option button on the Remote and ensure Volume mode is turned off
3. Also, ensure the bandwidth saver is off by going to settings>>network>>bandwidth saver>>off
4. If these steps do not work, try changing your resolution settings on the Roku to 720p versus 1080p (FYI: this will not work on Roku TVs with built in Roku as there is no option to change the resolution settings)
5. Finally, if none of these steps resolve the issue, you could be experiencing this due to insufficient memory on the device as many Rokus offer limited storage and no way to tell if storage is getting full. The only way to resolve this would be to perform a factory reset on the device. If steps 1-4 do not resolve this issue, please try resetting the Roku back to factory settings to resolve this issue.

Thank you for being a Paramount+ subscriber.

loggman

Jump to solution

I'm having the exact same issues with CBS live TV channel. only with my Roku 3 exactly as this user describes the voice and video become further and further apart as you watch the program this is only with CBS live all other channels work fine I have a work around it's not a fix just a workaround you can cast CBS live TV from your phone to your Roku and you will get the Channel with no lag. Hope they fix this issue.

Anyone have the issue with chromecast? Or is this just a roku issue? Btw it works fine on my laptop too.

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@loggman

Thanks for the post.

If you you are only experiencing this issue on the CBS channel, there may be an issue with that channel specifically. 

For more information about that channel's functionality, you'll want to contact CBS support directly to inquire further. Many channels on Roku are developed and maintained by the channel provider themselves. 

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
Jewle
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution
I too am having audio video sync issues on my roku 3 for CBS live tv.  AFter a few minutes of watching the unsynced audio to video, the channel will crash. I have no problems w CBS live on my ipad nor on my firestick. Therefore it's a problem w Paramount+ on the roku.  I only have this problem on Parmount Plus, no other channels.
I have followed the troubleshooting steps provided by Emeralddahlia, & nothing has changed. 
0 Kudos
Emeralddahlia
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

It might be difficult depending on what device from Roku you have. My troubleshooting worked for my older Ruku Stick.

I think Paramount + uses different versions of it's app platforms based on each of the Roku devices because when I called she asked me to give her information provided in the settings within the Paramount + app I had installed. So I think calling support via the website may very just a bit.

0 Kudos
Octane

Jump to solution

Switching the display settings on my Rokus, from 1080 or auto-detect to 720, worked.  I have a Roku 3 and a Roku 2.  Thanks for the instructions, Emeralddahlia.  

Jewle
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Thank you! This worked for my Roku 3!  I'd tried all other suggestion & this 1 worked. Glad you responded Octane as I didn't see this suggestion.  I tried this last nite & today I switched my Roku back to 1080 & the audio to video continued to sync properly.  My husband suggested it re-established the correct video handshaking on the hdmi cable between the tv & the Roku.  In other words, the Roku & tv weren't communicating the correct resolution info to each other.  "The proof is that the Roku displayed the message on the tv that it was re-establishing (resetting) the appropriate resolution mode."

0 Kudos