Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Atrow94

Re: Error: Content is not available try again later - Paramount Plus

Jump to solution

Most shows you have to start at season 1 episode 1 and then fast forward all the episodes until you get to the one you want. If you try to start the series on the episode you want there will be an ad at the beginning and then it will just freeze and the episode won't start no matter how long you wait.

0 Kudos
txjeff
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

@Atrow94 wrote:

Most shows you have to start at season 1 episode 1 and then fast forward all the episodes until you get to the one you want. If you try to start the series on the episode you want there will be an ad at the beginning and then it will just freeze and the episode won't start no matter how long you wait.

I don't know the logic behind your comment.  Yes, all shows start on season 1 episode 1.  How would you fast forward to another episode if you can't get past the first ad?  

0 Kudos
txjeff
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

I just got inspired from a prior confusing post about fast forwarding to another episode.......

What if I went into my laptop that doesn't play ads at the beginning of episodes at all with the same PP subscription and login, go to the current episode I'm trying to play, start it and run it past the intro for like 30 seconds.  Back out of the show and log out.  Theoretically, the Roku PP channel, same login ID, will want to resume where I left off.  So I did that and voila, that works.  I started it up and rewound back to the beginning and no ad and it started properly.   That's a better work around than Casting a show from my laptop and tying up the computer.  

0 Kudos
MattiG88
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Nothing nuts about the ad blocker. With Consolidated Communications Fidium fiber, the ad blocker is on by default in the adtran modem settings. Disabling it solved this issue for me.

0 Kudos
MattiG88
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

100% makes sense. Disabling it solved my issue. Don't confuse your opinion with facts.

0 Kudos
gkman
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

When you look through the string of postings it is evident that the problem is really with paramount+ and not with roku, so everyone should be opening tickets with paramount and not look for help on the roku community.  Let's inundate paramount with tickets.  Maybe they will fix since this problem has been happeings for months.

0 Kudos
txjeff
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

@MattiG88 wrote:

100% makes sense. Disabling it solved my issue. Don't confuse your opinion with facts.

If Ad Blocker is the only problem, it would make sense.  But I don't have Ad blocker on my modem and it still plays the first Ad.  It's the last 6 seconds that it freezes when it tries to play the second ad.  Consistently.    And it's not just Roku.  Other devices have the issue.  And on a laptop at PP site, there are zero ads wanting to play on a series episode at the beginning.  

Yes it's possible that a modem/router can be interfering but you can also get to the settings or your ISP can, and turn off any filtering.  Certainly inhibiting the Ads in any way can cause it not to work properly.  Although there are other Channels that have Ads, several, that work fine.  CBS channel also causes the same problem.

0 Kudos
txjeff
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

I just called my ISP Nextlink, after again looking at my Router settings for any kind of traffic blocking.  And Nextlink is saying they are aware of the PP issue and it's not just with Nextlink.  It's also with other providers.  And no, their modem has zero ad blocking filters.  

It's obvious this could be sorted out by Paramount working with a customer and "sniffing" the traffic from A to Z and seeing where it's getting stopped and isolating the problem.  But it seems they would be happier losing one after another customers permanently.  No problem.  Lot's of other fish in the sea.

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

Paramount Plus solutions are canned and don't work.  I've cancelled my subscription to Paramount + because their customer service is the worse.  I've jumped through all the hoops and stood on my head so many times I feel like a circus performer. 
If you are having a problem with Paramount + "unavailable" issue.  Just unsubscribe and forget about it working again.  Don't even bother contacting them because you won't get a response. 

0 Kudos
txjeff
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

I can understand the frustration and wanting to cancel.  I'm glad I'm using my sister's subscription to login so it doesn't cost me anything.  And I only go to PP very infrequently.  There's really not that much quality stuff on their channel.  So for those infrequent times, using the laptop trick of logging in, FF some seconds on the show I want to watch.  Exit out.  And then go to Roku to same login/episode and Resume, and it skips the Ads.  

0 Kudos