Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
tbrit
Reel Rookie

Re: Error: Content is not available try again later - Paramount Plus

Jump to solution

Thanks for this response. It all makes sense now. I guess they’re trying to get us all to cancel so that they can resubscribe us at a higher price. I sent a complaint to them about my service several days ago now and have had no response. 😑

0 Kudos
Luvs2cook
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Oddly enough, I was searching through Paramount plus help and troubleshooting when I saw a comment about the limited plan no longer being available. For now the $4+ monthly is not going break me, but if they are going to want the cost of a full year up front at renewal in March I will have to tap out. 

0 Kudos
Robert-W
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

@Luvs2cook unfortunately I don't think that is the fix. After all the bs Roku has been saying, I went out and bought a Chromecast with Google TV and I have not had a once of problems with Paramount plus on that.

Musoka
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

Regardless of how this ends up, once they fix the TV tuner on my TV I'm pulling it offline. I no longer trust keeping this TV online for its own health. Probably going Chromecast/Google TV route going forward. I had enjoyed my roku over the years but enough is truly enough. I've been looking at it and it looks great. 

Luvs2cook
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Oh I don't doubt that what worked for me will work for everyone. I just wanted to post what worked for me. All of our TVs are Roku smart TVs so it was kind of my only option. 

0 Kudos
Poptrt0323
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Same thing worked for me! Dumb I have to pay another $5. But at least it works now. Was driving me nuts trying to get it to work.

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

Nope, it’s Roku.  I’m having this problem on multiple channels and I feel sure I’m not the only person seeking resolution.

0 Kudos
Poptrt0323
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Weird! I’ve only had issues with the paramount app. Hope you can figure yours out. It’s a pain getting ahold of Roku people.

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @Poptrt0323,

Thanks for posting in the Roku Community!

Try removing the channel from the Roku home screen by navigating to the channel tile, pressing the * key on your remote, and choosing 'Remove channel'. Then restart your device from Settings>System>System restart. Once your player starts up again, add the channel back once more.
If that still doesn't clear up the issue you're experiencing, we recommend contacting the channel provider directly to follow up for more help. They’ll be able to best assist with any issues that are occurring within their channel.

You can reach Paramount+ support here: https://help.paramountplus.com/s/ 

Let me know how it goes!

Best regards,
Mary

0 Kudos
Mike247
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

We belatedly realized a new Star Trek: Discovery season had started and watched ep. 1 with no problem several days ago. Ep. 2 gave us the problem everyone here is seeing. We just stopped at that point, figuring it was some sort of temporary network glitch. However, it persists - strangely, though, it doesn't affect "Extras" for the show, they play fine. Tonight I tried other content - "Anchorman" under Movies, "Mission Impossible" under Shows. Same issue, they won't play.

And this is definitely Roku-specific - here on my MacBook, in Chrome, Paramount+ has no problems. No, please do not say yet again to remove and re-add the channel, we're subscribed through Roku and it can't be removed (side note: if this really is an effective method to fix channel problems, how about letting us do it in this case, or provide a "Reset channel" option or something like that?). I'm geeky enough to imagine some bogus data is cached somewhere on the Roku device - where's the "Clear cache" button?

Oh, and the topper - the other day I tried to submit a support request to Roku and it failed - "There was an error submitting your request. Please try again."