Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
tkharris
Reel Rookie

Re: Error: Content is not available try again later - Paramount Plus

Jump to solution

I have the same problem as Robert-w. It says content not available within the first two commercials, but Interstellar played just fine. It seem like a certain TV show. Please get this issue resolved immediately and don't keep leading us around and it did happen after the update . And yes I have tried the whole unplug replug scan Network and the app cannot be uninstalled it's a TCL 32 Roku Tv.

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@Robert-W @tkharris

Thanks for the post.

Try removing the channel from the Roku home screen by navigating to the channel tile, pressing the * key on your remote and choosing 'Remove channel'. Then restart your device from Settings>System>System restart. Once your player starts up again, add the channel back once more.

Does this clear up the issue you are seeing? Please keep us posted what you find out.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
tbrit
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Danny,

Removing the channel and restarting, then re-adding the channel doesn’t work.  Appreciate the help but you keep posting the same solution and it hasn’t worked for anyone. You need to escalate this. I’m having this exact same exact issue as everyone else where Paramount+ tells me the show is unavailable about one or two commercials into playing an episode. It’s incredibly frustrating.

Robert-W
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

@RokuDanny-R It is apparent that you did not read my post. If you had done so you would have read this part of my post. "I have rebooted both cablebox and WI-FI, uninstalled the Paramount app, rebooted device and reinstalled app. Still have the same issues."

0 Kudos
RokuIrene-S
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@Robert-W @tbrit

Thanks for getting in contact.

If the issue only occurs on one channel after attempting the suggestions above, videos from other channels play fine, contact the channel provider's customer support team to report the issue and get help. Channels on Roku are maintained by the channel provider themselves. In this case, there's likely an issue within that specific channel that needs to be addressed with an update from the channel developer.

All the best,
Irene

0 Kudos
dragonboots2005
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

they won't do anything!! that's what ppl keep telling you guys at roku!!! jesus christ can't you comprehend that!!!???

0 Kudos
TT2000

Jump to solution

I'm another one with the same problem.  I have ZERO problems with everything on my tv's, roku's, smartphone, ps4, computer, and all the apps associated with all these platforms EXCEPT paramount plus through my 2 different roku devices.  I get the same message of content unavailable.  It always hangs up on the ad's.  if i use my laptop or smartphone to get past the ads i can then watch it on my roku tv......until the next ad comes up and freezes up again.  for now I'm using my ps4 to run paramount plus, but i would rather not have to fire it up just for one app when EVERTHING else works just fine throught the roku.

paramount and roku need to figure this out and quit telling us to do it.

Luvs2cook
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I see that we are all having the same issue and no one has been able to get a solution. I'm over here paying more for this dang streaming service than any other and I can't get through even the first season of ST Discovery. I can only IMAGINE how awful this service will be when Yellowstone's prequel comes out in a couple of weeks. 

Scooby0344
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I’m experiencing the same issue.  It only happens to me when I start a TV episode.  The first commercial runs until the 17th second mark and then crashes. It eventually will say contact unavailable. The contact you are trying to play is currently unavailable. Please try again later.  I have a TCL Roku TV 55 inch. I’ve tried signing out and signing back on. Updating the app. Uninstalling the app reinstalling the app.  Nothing seems to work.

Luvs2cook
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Well I think that I figured out the problem. Paramount plus no longer offers the limited commercials plan which is what I was on. I just went ahead and upgraded to the premium version mainly because of the Star Trek shows and the new Yellowstone spin off. They credited me for what I had already paid for on my old plan and just set up a new monthly charge of $4.79 until my annual renew date in March. On this plan there is the occasional commercial but all of them are for the Paramount plus network. I have not had a single issue since. I realize that this is not an option for some due to budget constraints, but I wanted to post what solution worked for me. 

0 Kudos