Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Toddwrtr
Roku Guru

Re: Paramount + Error occurred during playback

Jump to solution

@T2015Cubs wrote:

They keep giving us the same solution and the solution doesn't work.

Albert Einstein's definition of insanity...

0 Kudos
joepucci
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

At the moment Paramount+ on my Ultra is working great. Not so much on my Fire devices.

0 Kudos
vzvmutant

Re: Paramount Plus Error occurred during playback

Jump to solution

Same... had an adblocker script running on my gateway device. Dropped the adblock and it fixed the issue. Thanks for this.

SC12
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

My credit card expired on a monthly plan and I was kicked out of Paramount Plus. I was watching season 5 of NCIS. Episode 12. I renewed and signed up for an annual subscription, no ads. When I tried to resume watching I received the same error. I updated the channel and checked for updates on the roku. No change. I signed out of Paramount,  Uninstalled the channel, restarted my roku and unplugged /restarted my router. No change. I left the roku and router unplugged for 2 hours. Reinstalled the channel. No change.

I signed into another tv/roku and have the same issue on just NCIS. 

I hotspotted my phone.  NCIS now works with phone data. Huh? 

Went back to my home internet.  No NCIS. 

#ParamountPlus #playbackerror

0 Kudos
Bhuvi100x
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

That's the issue, try a different DNS on router, like 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4

SC12
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Thanks for that hint.  I have had my EERO for a few months, but had not thought of that change. I saw another post suggesting to turn off ad blocking on that EERO app. Success!!

SC12
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

I've been a subscriber to CBS All access for years. Just recently my subscription was canceled due to credit card change. When I updated my card and resubscribed, I started having issues. I found that I didn't realize my EERO had an adblocker on it. Playback resumed immediately. 

Note: season 19 episodes of NCIS worked with the adblocker on, but old season 5 episodes didn't. 

Must be the way the commercials "run" in the background, even tho I paid  for limited commercials on my new plan.

SC12
Channel Surfer

Re: PARAMOUNT PLUS - They are a failure!

Jump to solution

I had a similar issue with my home internet and I double checked my EERO devices and found adblockers. Once removed, PP works.

Agnes1

Jump to solution

Roku TV: 7111X

TCL model: 55S401

serial number: YNOOPX449071

software version: 11.0.0 •build 4193-30

device ID: CN685P449071

0 Kudos
BT69

Jump to solution

Here's what I was able to find out, test, and prove. Paramount ads are embuded in their videos. Since I have ad blocking set by default on my router, no one in the house could watch Paramount Pluse. I turned ad blocking off, and presto, Paramount Plus workes flawlessly. That said, if I have to turn off ad protection to watch something, it will be gone after the 30 days trial. No other app operates like this. I don't need Paramount Plus at that cost. Hope this helps someone.