Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
grafixguy
Streaming Star

Re: Paramount + Dolby Atmos, 5.1 Audio and Dolby Vision and HDR video

I'm guessing it involves sacrificing a goat.

hauptmM3
Binge Watcher

@Toddwrtr wrote:

@hauptmM3 wrote:

I'm actually making progress on this front with PP support. 

I sent a message on Insta and an email about not streaming HDR and DV content when a show/movie is supposed to.

Very soon after I started getting regular emails from PP 1st level support. The case is being escalated to the next level.

Fingures crossed..... 

What ridiculous troubleshooting steps has Tier 1 asked you to perform, and do they really understand what your issue is? I have gotten nowhere with them - no response on Facebook or Twitter whatsoever, and sadly humorous email messages.

The usual stuff... 

Uninstall, reinstall, turn off/on, send OS and app versions....yada,yada. 

0 Kudos
Uniform5
Channel Surfer

I got an email from Paramount+ telling me that not all of their programming streams in 4K.  (I was very clear about this in my email by listing specific movies and TV shows that are listed as available in 4K).  So not helpful at all.  They did send another email about how they try to get to all the emails and they are sorry about the delay.  

so, Danny-R of Roku, you are our only hope.

0 Kudos
hauptmM3
Binge Watcher

Yep...same here. I'm now up to level 2 support. 

My level 1 contact asked for a list of specific shows and movies having issues. 

I gave them 5 that are supposed to be either HDR or DV that only stream in SDR. I'm hoping this helps direct tech support to the right spot. 

0 Kudos
Toddwrtr
Roku Guru

@Uniform5 wrote:

I got an email from Paramount+ telling me that not all of their programming streams in 4K.  (I was very clear about this in my email by listing specific movies and TV shows that are listed as available in 4K).  So not helpful at all. 

Yeah, no one at Paramount+ Customer Service appears to actually listen or read what customers are having issues with. They just sent me instructions for the second time this week on how to enable/disable HDR on my Roku TV. I do not have a Roku TV, and never asked for those instructions. They then referred me to Roku, since I'm "having trouble getting 4K HDR content across all channels on my Roku." I have responded back that "Once again, I am only having this issue on Paramount+." It is a vicious circle with their Customer Service, and also spoke with a US-based agent who was about to quit her job over how dysfunctional her superiors were and how much her hands were tied in actually helping out customers.

0 Kudos
Toddwrtr
Roku Guru

@hauptmM3 wrote:

Yep...same here. I'm now up to level 2 support. 

My level 1 contact asked for a list of specific shows and movies having issues. 

I gave them 5 that are supposed to be either HDR or DV that only stream in SDR. I'm hoping this helps direct tech support to the right spot. 

Extremely doubtful the tech team will respond with anything useful, if they respond at all.

0 Kudos
Toddwrtr
Roku Guru

Yep - no one at Paramount+ listens to their customers:

Dear Todd,

Thank you for your response. We appreciate the information you provided.

Your Roku Model is capable of receiving 4k and HDR10/HDR10/Dolby Vision. Can you please test some other shows that are marked as 4k only, or HDR only to see if this issue is occurring for one, or all of the video outputs. Content that is 4K, Dolby Vision and/or HDR10 enabled will be marked with badges on the show page. Note: Some movies will have premium formats, and this information will be included in the description box, so be sure to check it!

As a point of reference, 4Ks offers a resolution that is four times better than the conventional HD TVs.

4K and HDR both improve video quality, but not in the same way. HDR stands for High Dynamic Range, which is different than resolution. It is an enhanced picture quality technology that can display more life-like colors as well as higher brightness and contrast levels while playing HDR-compatible content.

HDR10 is the most common HDR format and is compulsory for Ultra HD Blu-ray discs. Dolby Vision is available on streamed content.

Thank you for your patience, we look forward to hearing from you.

Regards,

Alina

Paramount+ Customer Support

0 Kudos
grafixguy
Streaming Star

I'd bet dollars to donuts that if you respond to that you'll never hear from them again.

0 Kudos
Toddwrtr
Roku Guru

@grafixguy wrote:

I'd bet dollars to donuts that if you respond to that you'll never hear from them again.

Oh, I have already, and even provided links to this thread and the nearly identical one in this same forum.

0 Kudos
Bfagan94
Binge Watcher

Still no fix for this. HDR on this app was nice while it lasted...

0 Kudos