Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
grafixguy
Streaming Star

Re: Paramount + Dolby Atmos, 5.1 Audio and Dolby Vision and HDR video

Well, here you go.

4800X-Roku Ultra

X01000EWN4PJ

10.5.0 build 4208-C2

As already explained, there is no Dolby Atmos (and in many cases nothing but stereo) and no 4K or any kind of HDR even when Dolby Vision should be available.

Given the history of Paramount Plus and CBS All Access, I'm still leaning toward it being on them but hopefully someone will get to the bottom of it.

0 Kudos
Uniform5
Channel Surfer

Thank you so much for looking into this.  I already cancelled my Paramount+ subscription in frustration. But while I agree with the others that this is probably an issue with Paramount+ app, I would really appreciate you looking into this. 

My model 4660X -Roku Ultra

I did hear back from Paramount+ full three weeks after I emailed them.  Because I am no longer a subscriber, they are not going to look into it. 

0 Kudos
hauptmM3
Binge Watcher

Same issue here using 4800X. All other apps work just fine. 

Could there be any relation to when Roku 10.5 OS was released? 

0 Kudos
Bfagan94
Binge Watcher

I am also having issue with the Roku Ultra. Is it just the Ultra or can anyone with a new Streaming Stick 4k confirm if they can get 4K HDR or not.

0 Kudos
grafixguy
Streaming Star

Well, nobody at Paramount cares at all and I'm beginning to doubt that anyone at Roku cares very much, either. While I don't expect things like this to get fixed overnight, it would have taken no more than 10 minutes for the person from Roku that replied earlier to confirm the issue.

Again, the app works fine using Airplay and I just got a great offer from Amazon for a Fire TV Cube, so I took them up on it. I should have it later this week and if everything works as well as I think it will, I'll just throw in the towel on the Roku.

0 Kudos
randys
Roku Guru

I have both. Neither work 

0 Kudos
grafixguy
Streaming Star

Good to know. That would pretty much point the finger at Paramount.

0 Kudos
hauptmM3
Binge Watcher

Doesn't work using my Lg C9 oled app as well. Although, I've read it's not supposed to work (not a supported device). 

Tried using PPlus channel through Amazon Prime. No luck there as well.

I hope PPlus and Roku get it sorted out. I've had Roku devices since the first one came out and am a huge fan. Never had any sort of issues until now and only with PPlus. I also like the content of PPlus, just wish HDR and DV worked like other Roku apps.

.... patience, I guess... 

0 Kudos
randys
Roku Guru

Actually it works on firestick and not Roku so might be Roku.  But who knows.  What I know is at least here Roku answers concerns, I see someone named Danny here often responding.  Paramount+ has not responded to me on FB, Twitter or Insta. 

0 Kudos
artseattle
Binge Watcher

Just to be sure you caught my earlier post, there is a nice workaround using your ios Paramount + app.  I'm not sure if this works with Android devices.  If you access Paramount + through your iPhone or iPad, you can use airplay to send it to your TV.  You can send it to the Roku Ultra or the LG C9 directly.  With this connection, I can get DolbyVision and Dolby Atmos.  It's a pretty easy workaround.  Art  (C9 is the best TV I've ever owned).

0 Kudos