Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
artseattle
Binge Watcher

Airplay to TV processed DV and Atmos!

I tried accessing Paramount + through my iPad and then I used Airplay to play through my Ultra.  Surprisingly,  the Star Trek movie I use for testing played in DolbyVision and Dolby Atmos!  Still too much work but at least I have the option.  I have a LG C9 TV.

0 Kudos
grafixguy
Streaming Star

Re: Airplay to TV processed DV and Atmos!

Which iPad model do you have?

0 Kudos
grafixguy
Streaming Star

So, I just checked on my Vizio with an iPad Air 2 and was pleasantly surprised to see Dolby Vision but only 5.1 which I can live with for now. Thanks for the pointer in that direction.

0 Kudos
artseattle
Binge Watcher

I just checked with my old iPad 5th Gen and iPhone XR, both were able to send airplay to Ultra or to LG with DV and Atmos.  I'm testing with Star Trek Into Darkness and I pay for  the commercial free version of Paramount +.

0 Kudos
Uniform5
Channel Surfer

Re: Paramount + Dolby Atmos, 5.1 Audio and Dolby Vision and HDR video

After 2 weeks, still nothing from Paramount+.  I cancelled today, and I wrote the reason as lack of 4K HDR support on ROKU and their unresponsive customer service.  Maybe that will get their attention?

I tried Chromecast again.  The movies that have 4K HDR still works, but TV shows, like The Stand, and the new Twilight Zone, which clearly list 4K HDR, and worked on Roku a few months ago, does not work on Chromecast. 

I really think this is Paramount+ problem.   If this starts working again on Roku, someone please post here, and then maybe i'll resubscribe. 

0 Kudos
Carol7

I just developed the same problem.  I have six different streaming services and have 4K content on all of them.  I’ll be getting rid of this one.  However I did pay up front for a year which is a bummer.

0 Kudos
randys
Roku Guru

Get a firestick, HDR works fine with Paramount+ on those.

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Hi everyone,

Thanks for the posts.

We would be more than happy to look into this issue for you. Can you please provide us the following information:
-Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
-does this issue occur on a specific channel? if so, what channel and what version/build is the channel (this can be found be selecting the channel on the Home screen and pressing the * button)
-content that you are trying to play
-tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times)
-steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing

Once we have this information, we will be able to pass it along to the appropriate Roku team to investigate further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
grafixguy
Streaming Star

I honestly don't think this is a Roku issue as much as it's a Paramount+ issue. For now, I'm working around it by using the app on my iPad and watching via AirPlay.

0 Kudos
artseattle
Binge Watcher

If someone from Roku is willing to work on this I think that's great. 

Here's the issue as I understand it.  When watching Paramount + using my Roku Ultra, I cannot get 4k or DolbyAtmos even though they are listed as available for many titles.  I'm using Star Trek Into the Darkness as my test case.  The Roku Ultra screen states 4k, HDR, 5.1  DolbyAtmos.  However, my LG 4k TV only plays HD and Dolby Surround.    However, if I use my iPad and access the Paramount + app and then use the Roku Ultra Airplay option, I can view the movie in 4k DolbyVision and DolbyAtmos! 

Here's my Roku information:

Model  4800X- Roku Ultra

Serial #: X010000UAYTCS

Software Version: 10.5.0  build 4208-C2

Device ID: S02A20CAYTCS     (not sure if those are 0 or O, letter or #)

Art

0 Kudos