Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
PAW1
Reel Rookie

How to reset Paramount Plus local channel location?

I am receiving as My Local Channel 'WBZ' out of Boston, Massachusetts. I live in Connecticut and my local channel is supposed to be 'WFSB 3-Hartford / New Haven'. My zip code is 06360. How do I change my location?

0 Kudos
8 REPLIES 8
andyross
Roku Guru

Re: Paramount PLus- How do I, Re-Set My Local Channel Location, In Paramount Plus ?

You can't. Paramount probably uses your IP address to geolocate you. The problem is that geolocation through IP is not very accurate. It's typically based on the IP server location, not your actual location.

One good chuckle is with my Comcast service. On my Roku, I get WBBM here in Chicago. On my X1 cable box, I get KWCH from Wichita, Kansas! Most likely because it goes through Comcast's internal network and doesn't get a normal IP address, so it defaults to the middle of the country.

0 Kudos
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Paramount PLus- How do I, Re-Set My Local Channel Location, In Paramount Plus ?

In addition to what @andyross mentioned ....

You can use a website like https://www.iplocation.net/ to see where the IP number assigned by your internet provider indicates you are located.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | Streaming Stick+ 3810 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
0 Kudos
StreamerUser
Roku Guru

@PAW1 wrote:

I am Receiving   as My Local Channel  "WBZ "  Out of Boston,  Massachussetts.

I, Live in Connecticut,  and My Local channel is Supposed to be   "WFSB 3-Hartford\New Haven   ?

My Zipcode is 06360   How do I, change my Location, Thru Roku ?

Have you checked/changed your location in the Paramount+ app?

Open P+/Profile/Menu/Settings/Live TV/Check Location

0 Kudos
PAW1
Reel Rookie

yes....I, checked  my Local  Live channel, Which is WESN 4 Out of Boston But It does not allow me to change it or enter my Zipcode for WFSB 3 - Out of Hartford/New Haven ?  It does refer me to Paramount

PLus-   Help.Paramountplus.com and I, chatted with their Virtual Assistant and it referred me to Roku ?

0 Kudos
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

Okay.  So this time I'll ask as a direct question:

What location is reported when you go to https://www.iplocation.net/ in a web browser on your computer or mobile device while connected to the same network as your Roku?

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | Streaming Stick+ 3810 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
0 Kudos
StreamerUser
Roku Guru

@PAW1 wrote:

yes....I, checked  my Local  Live channel, Which is WESN 4 Out of Boston But It does not allow me to change it or enter my Zipcode for WFSB 3 - Out of Hartford/New Haven ?  It does refer me to Paramount

PLus-   Help.Paramountplus.com and I, chatted with their Virtual Assistant and it referred me to Roku ?

Try talking to a P+ human:

email/message/call:  https://help.paramountplus.com/s/help

0 Kudos
o_phuleez
Channel Surfer

Re: How to reset Paramount Plus local channel location?

I don't know how to do a mass reply to all these questions but you do not have to change your VPN..

if you go in and update your ZIP code in Roku of what you want the zip code to be Paramount plus will change it I know because I just did it

Trey1
Channel Surfer

Re: How to reset Paramount Plus local channel location?

This is incorrect. Paramount+ does not use the IP location. It uses whatever the device presents.

0 Kudos