Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pandora won't save account login credentials

Jump to solution

I have two Roku devices, the Roku 3 (Model 4200X) and the Roku Streaming Stick (Model 3600X). I am on the current 9.1 Build 4919 Roku OS on both units. Pandora recently updated their app about a month ago, on August 7, 2019. (version 5.3 b 30). Today, when I tried to turn on my Pandora, I was prompted for my login information. I entered it, and played my station normally. I switched apps to Netflix. When I switch back to Pandora, I was prompted to login again. I re-entered my credentials again. To test, I immediately closed the app and reopened it, and sure enough, I had to re-enter my credentials. This happened several times, and each time, the system would not save my login credentials as it had previously. This was on my Roku 3. I switched to my Roku stick in my bedroom and the same behavior occurred. As I stated previously, the app itself updated on August 7th, and I have used it since the update. In fact, I used Pandora last night on September 9 before going to bed. This problem just began occurring this evening. I searched the forum and found that other people experienced a similar issue with a different app, so I followed the standard steps on my roku:

deleted pandora, rebooted the system, then reinstalled pandora - and the problem still exists.

Can someone look in to this?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: Pandora won't save account login credentials

Jump to solution

Hey everyone, 

Quick update here. 

We believe this issue may now be resolved. Please go ahead and try launching the channel and signing in again, then test to see if your login information is retained when you exit the channel. If the issue continues to occur, you might try removing the channel once more, restart your device, then add the channel back again and test once more. 

Keep me posted if you need any additional help! 

Thanks,
Tanner

Tanner D.
Roku Community Manager

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
31 Replies

Jump to solution
You should have Pandora support look into this.
0 Kudos
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Jump to solution
Hi,

Is Pandora the only channel that you observe this issue with? It's possible there may be an issue within the channel itself that the service provider will need to investigate. 

As @scottypie1234 mentioned, for more information about that channel's features and functionality, you'll want to contact Pandora support directly to inquire further. Many channels on Roku are developed and maintained by the channel provider themselves.

You can reach Pandora support here: https://help.pandora.com/s/contactsupport?language=en_US

Please keep us posted.

Thanks,
Danny
Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
jimh009
Level 7

Jump to solution
I am having the exact same problem with Pandora as the original poster is having. The problem is limited to Pandora - no issues with other apps (such as Amazon Prime). Started a few days ago. Have deleted Pandora, restarted the Roku 3, and then reinstalled Pandora. Same result. I checked for updates just tonight and I'm fully up to date.
0 Kudos
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Jump to solution
@jimh009

Thanks for letting us know about the issue that you are experiencing.

Since Pandora is the only channel that you observe this issue with, it's possible there may be an issue within the channel itself that the service provider will need to investigate. 

My recommendation would be to contact Pandora support directly to inquire further for any other troubleshooting tips. Many channels on Roku are developed and maintained by the channel provider themselves.

You can reach Pandora support here: https://help.pandora.com/s/contactsupport?language=en_US

Thanks,
Danny
Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
jcgc50
Level 7

Jump to solution
I have tried several times to post my experience with this issue and Pandora's response and keep getting an error that the font can only go up to size 100. This is a mystery since none of the font was anywhere close to that number.

I didn't get a solution that fixed the problem.
0 Kudos
atc98092
Level 13

Jump to solution
When you copy and paste the text, don't use control-V. Instead right click in the text area and select paste as plain text. There is likely some formatting codes embedded in the text you are copying that the forum doesn't support. 
Dan
Nvidia Shield, Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.
0 Kudos
jimh009
Level 7

Jump to solution
I contacted Pandora and they were no help whatsoever. Just to reinstall the app, which I already had done. Both Roku and Pandora seem very uninterested in looking into this problem. Thankfully, Pandora still works with the built-in app on my TV.
0 Kudos
atc98092
Level 13

Jump to solution
"jimh009" wrote:
I contacted Pandora and they were no help whatsoever. Just to reinstall the app, which I already had done. Both Roku and Pandora seem very uninterested in looking into this problem. Thankfully, Pandora still works with the built-in app on my TV.

When you uninstall the app, you MUST reboot the Roku before reinstallation. Did you do that?
Dan
Nvidia Shield, Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.
0 Kudos
jcgc50
Level 7

Jump to solution
First up thanks for the suggestion on how to paste text here. Tried right-clicking and pasting however when I tried to submit the post I get the same error regarding font size. I don't get it and have never run into this problem.

I had several exchanges with Pandora support yesterday. The rep said that their engineers are working on the problem so hopefully we will see an update soon.
0 Kudos