Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
jcgc50
Level 7

Re: Pandora won't save account login credentials

Jump to solution
The problem is also happening on my Samsung TV. When you leave the app to watch something else and come back to it you do see it and aren't prompted to log in. However, when you try to play anything you get an error that says Pandora is undergoing maintenance. This has been happening for days but generally, it would seem to restart itself after a few seconds up to a minute or more. Today I had to sign out and then log back in.

Samsung suggested I update to the latest firmware which I did and as I suspected changed nothing.

This is getting tiresome.

Jim
0 Kudos
XtremeMaC
Level 7

Jump to solution
Having the same issue.
I just upgraded from Roku 3 to Roku Ultra.
Pandora login was working properly on Roku 3 throughout.
Interestingly neither retains the login anymore.
I've tried email login, device activation thru app, reinstalled... problem still remains.
Both devices have latest available software...
0 Kudos
csdude55
Level 7

Jump to solution
I'm just dropping in to say that I'm experiencing the same issue. I'm not sure if I'm using a Roku 3 or 4, but Pandora stopped remembering my credentials a week or two ago. Deleting and reinstalling the app as suggested had no impact. I've also tried manually entering my email and password, activating through their website, and activating using my phone app.

I use Pandora on my phone and on my PC, and neither have a problem, so it's just the Roku app.
0 Kudos
jcgc50
Level 7

Jump to solution
I just received an email from Pandora support saying that they've fixed the issue and asked that I try it again. I did and it is working for me.

Thanks for all the help here from Roku support on the issue.

Jim
0 Kudos
Community Manager
Community Manager

Jump to solution

Hey everyone, 

Quick update here. 

We believe this issue may now be resolved. Please go ahead and try launching the channel and signing in again, then test to see if your login information is retained when you exit the channel. If the issue continues to occur, you might try removing the channel once more, restart your device, then add the channel back again and test once more. 

Keep me posted if you need any additional help! 

Thanks,
Tanner

Tanner D.
Roku Community Manager

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
YeahThatGuy
Level 7

Jump to solution
It's still not working on any of my devices. Both Roku 3 devices are still requesting Login even after removing the apps, restarting, and reinstalling the apps. I am using the app to activate.
0 Kudos
Tairnyn
Level 7

Jump to solution
Also continuing to have this issue. Uninstalled Pandora app, restarted Roku device, and reinstalled Pandora app, twice. Tried both methods of activation.
Pandora v5.3, build 30 on Roku Ultra 4660X v9.1.0
0 Kudos
YeahThatGuy
Level 7

Jump to solution
Tanner,

I got an email from Pandora tonight telling me that this is Roku's issue now. They tell me that I should get your help.

From Pandora:

"We've been assured by Roku that they released a fix for this on Thursday.
???????
If you are still having trouble, I'd suggest rebooting your Roku device and checking for Roku updates via your Roku Settings.

If that doesn't do the trick, please contact Roku directly: https://support.roku.com/

Since Roku is responsible for the health and maintenance of the Pandora application on Roku devices, they should be able to assist you further."

Please advise.
0 Kudos
weedpeople
Level 7

Jump to solution

I just finished reading through all the posts.   I've done everything all the other people experiencing this problem have done - deleted the Pandora channel, rebooted Roku, reinstalled, updated SW, etc etc.

As of Sep 23 at 5:50, the problem still occurs.   Device activation required every time I enter the Pandora app on Roku.

I initially contacted Pandora about this issue because it seems like a Pandora problem, but they claim the problem has been fixed and to contact Roku.  So now it's a finger pointing situation.   Roku says it is Pandora, Pandora says it is Roku.

Any new suggestions???   This problem is quite irritating and seems like it should be an easy one to fix.

Thanks,

Jeff

0 Kudos
YeahThatGuy
Level 7

Jump to solution

I just purchased two new Chromecasts to replace two of my Rokus. This has been a travesty and Roku has been everything but helpful.

I will probably get an Apple TV tomorrow for the main living room and end my support for Roku permanently. I have heard a number of people expressing frustration, Roku's support page won't let me deal directly with a real person unless I have the latest version.

Roku broke these apps (and many more...hearing from friends that it also broke HBO) but is not helping nor trying to communicate. At least roll back to last known stable release on the devices. Nope....just have us jump through hoops and point fingers every which way.

So now I can listen to my Pandora effortlessly and watch Motortrend when I want without issue....because my streaming device is not a Roku.

0 Kudos