Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jcgc50
Level 7

Re: Pandora won't save account login credentials

Jump to solution
"atc98092" wrote:
"jimh009" wrote:
I contacted Pandora and they were no help whatsoever. Just to reinstall the app, which I already had done. Both Roku and Pandora seem very uninterested in looking into this problem. Thankfully, Pandora still works with the built-in app on my TV.

When you uninstall the app, you MUST reboot the Roku before reinstallation. Did you do that?

I did not reboot the Roku before. Did you do that and have success at fixing the problem?
0 Kudos
Community Manager
Community Manager

Jump to solution
Thanks for letting us know about the issue you're seeing. We've reported this over to the channel provider and they are currently investigating the issue. 

If you'd like to help provide additional details, please send me a PM with your Roku account email address, the email address registered to your Pandora account, and the serial number of your device from Settings>System>About. 

I'll follow up directly from there. 

Thanks,
Tanner
Tanner D.
Roku Community Manager
0 Kudos
Highlighted
jcgc50
Level 7

Jump to solution
I just tried the suggestion of uninstalling, restarting the Roku and then reinstalling the app. Now when I go through the login process the Roku never moves off the activation screen even after Pandora's website tells me I'm good to go after entering the code from the Roku on their website followed by my login credentials.

I've managed to turn an irritating problem into a non-functional problem.
0 Kudos
atc98092
Level 16

Jump to solution
"jcgc50" wrote:
"atc98092" wrote:
"jimh009" wrote:
I contacted Pandora and they were no help whatsoever. Just to reinstall the app, which I already had done. Both Roku and Pandora seem very uninterested in looking into this problem. Thankfully, Pandora still works with the built-in app on my TV.

When you uninstall the app, you MUST reboot the Roku before reinstallation. Did you do that?

I did not reboot the Roku before. Did you do that and have success at fixing the problem?

I've never had that problem with Pandora, so can't say for sure. I was simply offering the required steps to take when removing and reinstalling a channel. I haven't used Pandora in quite some time, so I just fired it up on my Sharp TV and it started and began playing without an issue. You might try removing the channel again, rebooting and trying the install again. It sounds like the Pandora authentication server might be having a problem. 
Dan
Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Nvidia Shield, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.
0 Kudos
Community Manager
Community Manager

Jump to solution
We've followed up to provide these additional reports to Pandora, and they are actively investigating this issue. 

If you need further assistance, please contact Pandora support directly. You can reach them here: https://help.pandora.com/s/contactsupport?language=en_US

We'll provide any further updates as they are made available. Thanks again for your patience! 

Thanks,
Tanner
Tanner D.
Roku Community Manager
0 Kudos
YeahThatGuy
Level 7

Jump to solution
I'm also seeing this behavior on all three Rokus in my house. I have also seen the exact same behavior in the MotorTrend app on my Roku. I have factory reset two of my devices and that did not fix the Roku. This seems like a Roku issue since the same behavior (forgetting login information) is occurring in two different apps on two different Roku devices.
0 Kudos
tomnjoy
Level 7

Jump to solution
I am having the exact same problem.  Every time I open the Pandora app on my Roku, I have to go through the login/activation process.  It's really frustrating.  This just started the last couple weeks.  Prior to that, it would save my account info so when I opened the app it automatically logged in to my account.

I have tried removing and re-installing the app and resetting the Roku.  Nothing works.  I still have to log in every time. 
0 Kudos
jimh009
Level 7

Jump to solution
"atc98092" wrote:
"jimh009" wrote:

Yes, of course I did.
0 Kudos
jimh009
Level 7

Jump to solution
"atc98092" wrote:
"jcgc50" wrote:
"atc98092" wrote:
"jimh009" wrote:

I've never had that problem with Pandora, so can't say for sure. I was simply offering the required steps to take when removing and reinstalling a channel. I haven't used Pandora in quite some time, so I just fired it up on my Sharp TV and it started and began playing without an issue. You might try removing the channel again, rebooting and trying the install again. It sounds like the Pandora authentication server might be having a problem. 

What's strange is that Pandora on Roku is having all these problems, but the built-in Pandora app on my Sony TV works just fine. It's definitely a "Pandora for Roku" problem.
0 Kudos
jroughgarden
Level 7

Jump to solution
I have had this problem all week, and as of September 15, it is still not resolved. My Roku3 works with my other channel credentials including NetFlix, Amazon Prime, etc, but does not remember my Pandora credentials like it used to. I will try to set up Pandora on my smart TV in the interim, but I'm not happy with Pandora.
0 Kudos