Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
millhunk
Level 7

Pandora screen flashing

Just started using Pandora again and I see the interface has changed with more graphics, but there's a problem when I bring up My Stations screen - the screen flashes and thumbs flash continuously. However, I notice that when I scroll to the bottom of My Stations screen the problem stops. This is the only problem I have. I'm using a Roku Stick 3500X, software ver 8.0.0 build 4128-09 and it's connected to a Comcast 5ghz wifi.  I've tried resetting the Roku and router, removing/installing the Pandora channel, and changing the sort. Has anyone else seen this?
0 Kudos
11 Replies
RokuShawnS
Level 10

Re: Pandora screen flashing

Can you post a video of this, or upload a video to dropbox so I can see what you're seeing?

Thanks.
C. Shawn Smith
Community Liaison

------------
The Cosmos is all that is, and all that was, and ever will be. -- Carl Sagan
0 Kudos
millhunk
Level 7

Below is the dropbox link to the video clip. you'll see it starts with what's playing, then I click to My Stations and it starts flashing, then I scroll to the bottom of the list and flashing stops, then scroll back up and it starts again. Crazy! thanks.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ysk9e90ot18pwdd/VIDEO0003%5B1%5D.mp4?dl=0
0 Kudos
Pompey
Level 7

millhunk,

I am seeing the same thing on my Roku.  I gather that you are a Pandora Plus member, sine I don't see the "Upgrade" radio button in the upper right of your screen.  I am a freeber and am seeing the same behavior.

I thought perhaps it was the seasonal Christmas Lights marquee theme. Smiley Very Happy
"One great use of words is to hide our thoughts." Voltaire
"We are masters of the unsaid words, but slaves of those we let slip out." Winston Churchill
0 Kudos
mjheller
Level 7

I'm also having this issue. Has anyone come up with a fix?
0 Kudos
Pompey
Level 7

Join the club.  Judging from the lack of other comments and the paltry views, I guess we select three are the only ones in the universe seeing this....... just lucky I'd say.
"One great use of words is to hide our thoughts." Voltaire
"We are masters of the unsaid words, but slaves of those we let slip out." Winston Churchill
0 Kudos
absolutklimt
Level 7

I am experiencing it, too. I can't even read my station titles because the flashing hurts my eyes. I might just have to cancel my Pandora subscription.
0 Kudos
cannedspace
Level 7

I am also have the flashing screen problem. It's annoying. Pandora Plus on Roku 2 with composite hook up. Does not flash on Roku Premiere. Haven't checked Roku XS or sticks. Any solution yet? Only stared with last update.
0 Kudos
cmon69
Level 7

If you have an older roku you cant go past 2 rows otherwise you will see flashing.
If you have a newer roku you can go past 2 rows without flashing
It seems to be a problem with older roku's
0 Kudos
bkwadeny
Level 7

This happens to me too.  I even see flashing on the screen saver that pans up and down over the album cover while a song is playing.  My equipment is Roku 2 XS.  I would really like a fix.  I can't edit my station list because of all the icons flashing.
0 Kudos