Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
smokeyb

Pandora channel will not load

Start on Home page and select Pandora.  Screen goes to Pandora name, then goes black with Loading symbol-spinning arrow.  Pandora comes up for a fraction of a second then flashes back to Home page.  Hitting Reset on unit does not change what happens.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
7 REPLIES 7
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: Pandora channel will not load

@smokeyb 

Thanks for the inquiry.

Try removing the channel from the Roku home screen by navigating to the channel tile, pressing the * key on your remote and choosing 'Remove channel'. Then restart your device from Settings>System>System restart. Once your player starts up again, add the channel back once more. Does this clear up the issue you are seeing?

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator

No this does not fix the issue. It was working and we were listening to it and all of a sudden it closed the app and will o longer open. It starts for a few seconds says.loghing in and then goes back to the Roku home screen.

RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@Bucsgirlterra 

If the issue remains unresolved, I'd recommend reaching out to Pandora directly to report the issue and request additional support. Many channels on the Roku platform is developed and maintained by the channel provider directly, and they'll be able to best assist. 

You can reach them here: https://help.pandora.com/s/contactsupport?language=en_US

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
LMNCFL
Reel Rookie

thank you for your help... solved my problem of the Pandora app not starting

0 Kudos
KDL333

I have the same problem. Using Roku, Pandora channel will not open. I get the blue pandora screen but it does not transition to login page or open. I tried removing and adding the Pandora channel without success. However, all this time, Pandora works fine on my computer using direct internet link to Pandora website. This looks like a Roku problem, not a Pandora problem. Please advise. Thanks.

0 Kudos
LMNCFL
Reel Rookie

After removing Pandora, did you do a restart the Roku device? 

How to restart Roku using your remote control
From the Home menu, scroll down to the Settings menu.
Select the Settings menu by pressing OK on the remote. Select Settings. ...
Scroll down to select the "System" option. ...
Scroll down to the "System restart" option and press OK on your remote.

After the restart, add Pandora back 

0 Kudos
Mimilee

I had the same issue of Pandora not loading. I removed it, restarted Roku then added Pandora back. Worked like a charm. Didn't even lose any of my personalized stations.

0 Kudos