Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Chrysologus
Level 7

Pandora causes Roku to restart periodically

Starting about a week ago, Pandora began periodically causing the Roku Stick to restart itself. It always happens between songs, maybe once or twice per hour. Not a big deal, but it is annoying. I'm wondering if anyone else has experienced this problem, and whether there is any known cause or solution.
0 Kudos
4 Replies
sendkkhome
Level 7

Re: Pandora causes Roku to restart periodically

This has been happening to me too for at least a month.  I have isolated the event to only occurring during Pandora ads.

I have free pandora and a roku stick (3600x) update version 8.00 Build 4128.

Roku would you PLEASE look into this??
0 Kudos
sendkkhome
Level 7

BTW, I have performed the following troubleshooting steps to no avail:

1)Moved roku stick to different HDMI ports on my television

2)Removed pandora app from roku followed by system restart (via roku settings menu) followed then by a cold restart (pull out HDMI, unplug it, plug back in, reinsert HDMI) followed then by a reinstall of pandora roku app

Is there some kind of logging somewhere on the HDMI stick that can be accessed to determine why these roku restarts keep happening?  I would be happy to access and provide a log to support if one is able to pull that off the stick.
0 Kudos
okieag
Level 7

I am having the same issues.
0 Kudos

Probably an issue with Pandora's ad server.
0 Kudos